DS Photo/PotoStation wish list

Discuss with the community any ideas you'd love to see in future DiskStations and DSM updates! We do our best to monitor and forward all of them, but we recommend to also use this form as our team will systematically see your suggestion:
https://www.synology.com/form/inquiry/feature
Forum rules
We do our best to monitor and forward your ideas to our team, but due to the large amount, we may not see every single one and recommend to also use this form as our team will systematically see your suggestion:
https://www.synology.com/form/inquiry/feature
ted
Trainee
Trainee

Photo Station wish list

Postby ted » Sat Oct 28, 2006 8:29 pm

Hi... i would like to request one small thing.
I only want to see one more EXIF data, and that is the focal lenght.
The most important thing of a digital foto is Aperature, Exposure....and Focal lenght.

Image Information
162 / 446

Image Title
DSC_8219

Image Size
2911 KB

Resolution
3008 x 2000

Image Date
2005:08:21 13:08:58

Camera
NIKON CORPORATION

Camera Model
NIKON D100

Exposure
1/400 sec.

Aperture
f/9.0

ISO

Can Synology add this !
ryttersfoto
I'm New!
I'm New!

DS Photo/PotoStation wish list

Postby ryttersfoto » Tue Oct 07, 2008 7:47 pm

After the recent upgrade (722) which is great, I would like that Photostation have an watermark feature.

The feature needs to be able to use a user uploaded .jpg logo or tekst watermark, which is applied to photos as they upload.

The user should be able to choose where to put the watermark, bottom left, bottom right, upper right, upper left and center

The user should be able to choose which level of watermark blending ie. 0, 25,50 or 75%

And of course there should be a guideline that tells maximum pixel height and length

Thanks in advance

Benny Rytter
Denmark
lcoppa
I'm New!
I'm New!

Re: Photostation improvement suggestion

Postby lcoppa » Sun Feb 06, 2011 6:07 pm

Hi,

I see your post is very old, but if you're still interested I have a solution that might work for you too.
Long story short (simply copied from my blog http://lcoppa.wordpress.com/2011/02/04/ ... gy-ds-110/):

1) You must login as root.
2) Optional – Symbolic links just for convenience:

Code: Select all

SynologyDS110> pwd
/root
SynologyDS110> ll
drwxr-xr-x    5 root     root          4096 Dec 25 00:02 .
drwxr-xr-x   20 root     root          4096 Dec 24 22:57 ..
drwx------    3 root     root          4096 Nov 29 00:19 .cache
drwx------    3 root     root          4096 Nov 29 00:19 .config
drwx------    3 root     root          4096 Nov 29 00:19 .local
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root           396 Sep  4  2003 .profile
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root            23 Dec  8 17:42 composite -> /usr/syno/bin/composite
-rw-rw-rw-    1 root     root          6638 Dec 24 23:53 log.txt
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root            35 Dec 24 22:48 myconvert -> /lib/hddapp/usr/syno/bin/convert.sh
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root            16 Dec  8 17:14 rsyncd.conf -> /etc/rsyncd.conf
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root           513 Nov 29 00:28 rsyncd.conf.mod
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root            14 Dec  8 17:09 sb -> /usr/syno/bin/
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root            23 Dec  8 17:09 se -> /usr/syno/etc.defaults/
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root            25 Dec  8 17:11 sl -> /lib/hddapp/usr/syno/bin/
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root            33 Dec  8 17:13 thumb.conf -> /usr/syno/etc.defaults/thumb.conf
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root            28 Dec 25 00:02 watermark -> /volume1/photo/watermark/watermark.gif
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root            24 Dec  8 17:39 watermark_album -> /volume1/photo/watermark

3) Create this text file

/lib/hddapp/usr/syno/bin/convert.sh

and leave it empty for now.
Change the following sym link (with “ln -fs …”) from:

/usr/syno/bin/convert -> /lib/hddapp/usr/syno/bin/convert

to:

/usr/syno/bin/convert -> /lib/hddapp/usr/syno/bin/convert.sh

4) Rename

/lib/hddapp/usr/syno/bin/convert

to

/lib/hddapp/usr/syno/bin/convert.original-binary

(or any other meaningful name you like)

Note:

/lib/hddapp/usr/syno/bin/convert.original-binary will be called from convert.sh, so if you change its name you must update it accordingly in the code below

5) Copy this code in convert.sh (could be more elegant but it works):

Code: Select all

#!/bin/sh

# Execute the original convert for each image
/lib/hddapp/usr/syno/bin/convert.original-binary -verbose "$@" >> /root/log.txt
echo "---------------------------" >> /root/log.txt

# loop through all the argument until last one
for last; do true; done

# only add watermark to certain size thumbs
if [ $5 == 640x640 ] || [ $5 == 800x800 ]; then
    eval /usr/syno/bin/composite -verbose -dissolve 25% -gravity southeast /root/watermark \"$last\" \"$last\" >> /root/log.txt
    echo "---------------------------" >> /root/log.txt
fi

6) Your watermark file needs to be anywhere the /root/watermark link points to. In my case (see highlighted line in point 2 above):

/volume1/photo/watermark/watermark.gif

Cheers
Luca
trippertych
Trainee
Trainee

DS Photo + suggestions for future updates.

Postby trippertych » Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:02 pm

Hi,

After using the app for a few days, I thought of a few features that may make DS Photo even better. I'm not sure how possible these are in implementing though...

- A rotate button to rectify the orientation of some photos. Ideally, it would be great to be able to make this change in the image permanent.

- A delete button, or something similar (slide to bring up the delete option, or press and hold on the photo to bring up the delete option). I have a number of doubles in my list, and having to go through steps to delete becomes laborious.

- The option to seamlessly continue browsing through to the next folder/album without having to jump out into the parent directory. I have some loose albums, but mainly they're all in dated folders. It is somewhat annoying that I have to go back a couple of times in the GUI to get to the next dated folder. It would be awesome to be able to continue browsing seamlessly through.

- An Add to Album option, much like an audio playlist but for photos. Having the option to do this from the DS Photo app would be great. You would be able to upload to the new album and add to it from your existing library without creating a copy of it but referencing it somehow. The option to add an existing photo would appear in the options for each photo.

- Have the name of the folder appear in Thumbnail mode as well. This obviously works in List Mode, whereby the name of the folder the photos are in appears next to the thumbnail, but it would be helpful to see it below the larger thumbnail in thumbnail mode.

- When playing a video clip in DS Photo +, the aspect ratio changes. It appears correct before hitting the play button, but is then changed to appear vertically stretched.

Cheers!

---UPDATE---

It seems that the Video Aspect Ratio issue has been fixed in the latest DSM version (2228)
tuchret
I'm New!
I'm New!

Photo Station customization to exclude file types needed

Postby tuchret » Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:54 pm

I am usually hesitant to start new discussion threads, because most of the time I find some feasible workaround. With this request though, I again seem not to be alone, but the problem has not been solved, nor exists a feasible workaround. And Synology seems not act on to this issue as posts go back to at least 2008. This is why I now start a new thread and I ask everyone sharing my opinion/requirement to reply/raise their voice. It is such an easy change to Photo Station, but would make so many Synology users happy.

Me as a hobby photographer, I use the Disk Station mainly
a) to centrally secure my photos AND (don't worry, NAS backups leave the house)
b) to grant direct read-only access to pictures (to family, friends, community, etc.).

Like most photographers,
a) I also work with different file formats (NEF (Nikon raw), JPG, TIF, etc.) AND
b) I hate duplicating files and storing them in different locations.
I want all files of any type of the same picture stored on the NAS in the same directory!

PROBLEM: If I do this with the current version of Photo Station (5), then Photo Station as well as DS photo+ app show all the files of all types, therefore the user sees the same picture multiple times.

Example: I have a directory with one (1) photo stored in the following different formats:
DSC1234.nef (original raw)
DSC1234.jpg (original as jpeg)
DSC1234.tif (original as tiff)
DSC1234_web.jpg (jpeg optimized for web publishing)
DSC1234_1000x800.jpg (jpeg with 1000x800 pixels)
==> The user will see the same picture 5 times as Photo Station supports all file formats but does not allow to specify any exclusions.

CHANGE REQUESTED:
Please, please, please provide a customization feature that will allow us to control which files should be shown and which hidden. All we ask for is a VIEW on our photo storage! Without it we cannot combine central single storage with granting access/view pictures.
Must-have: possibility to exclude files based on file extensions
Really Nice-to-have: possibility to exclude files based on substrings in file names (e.g. based on the example above: exclude "_web", "_1000x800" because every user has his own file name logic)

Everyone sharing this need please reply to catch Synology's attention.
m.rijken
I'm New!
I'm New!

Photo Station and DS Photo, show only Picasa starred pics

Postby m.rijken » Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:32 pm

I run Picasa 3.9 on an older Windows XP desktop. My Picasa pictures are stored on my Synology DJ110j NAS with DSM 4.1. I currently use the Synolgy DS Photo+ app on my Ipad to view my pictures on stored my NAS. This works fine, but I want to filter my views on my Ipad to my starred (favourite) pictures in Picasa only. Is it possible for Photo Station to read the picasa.ini files in each folder and add a filter criteria to show the starred pictures only in Photo Station and DS Photo? Many thanks!
Last edited by m.rijken on Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gast0
I'm New!
I'm New!

Re: Photo Station EXIF data

Postby gast0 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:08 pm

Hi,

I've noticed Photostation 5 is still missing focal length (zoom) in Exif data display.

Please can you plan to add this feature in PS ?
haggan
Trainee
Trainee

Re: Photo Station customization to exclude file types needed

Postby haggan » Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:23 am

+1
jkhanhl
Trainee
Trainee

Postby jkhanhl » Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:14 am

+1!
Rutman
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby Rutman » Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:32 pm

+1

This feature would be so helpful !
Please :)
haggan
Trainee
Trainee

Postby haggan » Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:51 pm

+1
xkahn
Trainee
Trainee

Make Photostation use HTTPS (SSL)

Postby xkahn » Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:52 am

I just purchased and installed a DS712+ and have been setting it up. The device is amazing, and I'm loving it.

I'd like to avoid sending my passwords in plain text, so I have enabled SSL everywhere I can. But it doesn't work on Photo Station. (Which is odd: the Android Photo Station+ app has an HTTPS checkbox.)

The fix was fairly easy:

1. log in to your DiskStation as root
  2. Edit /usr/syno/apache/conf/extra/httpd-ssl.conf-sys
  3. Find the "Include" lines
  4. add: Include /usr/syno/etc/sites-enabled-user/*.conf
  5. Restart apache (if you don't know how, just reboot the box)

So my feature request is that this be enabled by default. :)

Edit: I have the DS712+, not the 412+.
Last edited by xkahn on Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
norcat
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Re: Make Photostation use HTTPS (SSL)

Postby norcat » Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:46 pm

I think you may be talking about DS Photo+, and not Photo Station. Photo Station is what you access with a regular browser, https for this is enabled in Web Services in control panel.
DS111 (DSM 5.2) and DS109 (DSM 4.2), both connected to gigabit ethernet and wireless lan.
xkahn
Trainee
Trainee

Postby xkahn » Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:05 pm

norcat wrote:I think you may be talking about DS Photo+, and not Photo Station. Photo Station is what you access with a regular browser, https for this is enabled in Web Services in control panel.

Yes. I made a mistake with the names in my post. Lemme try again:

Photo Station (the web service) does not support HTTPS.

DS Photo+ (the Android app) has a checkbox which allows HTTPS connections, but it doesn't work because "Photo Station (the web service) does not support HTTPS."

There is (apparently) a missing line in the file "/usr/syno/apache/conf/extra/httpd-ssl.conf-sys" which will make secure connections work in BOTH the web service AND the Android app.
norcat
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Postby norcat » Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:06 pm

I've never had a problem accessing Photo Station using https with default configuration (https enabled web services). It must be related to DS Photo+ only.
DS111 (DSM 5.2) and DS109 (DSM 4.2), both connected to gigabit ethernet and wireless lan.

Return to “Feature Requests & Product Improvement Suggestions”