DSvideo / Video Station wishlist

Discuss with the community any ideas you'd love to see in future DiskStations and DSM updates! We do our best to monitor and forward all of them, but we recommend to also use this form as our team will systematically see your suggestion:
https://www.synology.com/form/inquiry/feature
Forum rules
We do our best to monitor and forward your ideas to our team, but due to the large amount, we may not see every single one and recommend to also use this form as our team will systematically see your suggestion:
https://www.synology.com/form/inquiry/feature
Greisby
I'm New!
I'm New!

Re: DSvideo / Video Station wishlist

Postby Greisby » Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:28 pm

Nice suggestion for VideoStation:
I would really like to have the possibility to set a regular expression per Library, for a better matching of the metadata of films/series when the naming convention of the video files is not the default one.

In my case, I always name them:
<title> (year) - <TV channel name> <recording date yyyy-mm-dd> <other garbage>

Example: "Dirty Harry (1971) - Arte 2017-06-24 [de+fr+en].m4v"

VideoStation does currently not find the metadata of my movies 95% of the time.
For 4% of the videos, it sets wrong metadata.
And is right 1% of the time.

What I would like to be able to do , is to set a regex like this:
"(?<title>:.*) \((?<year>:\d+)\) - .*"
where title and year would the capture names for the title and the year for the metadata research.
Makarius
I'm New!
I'm New!

Re: Track.tv support on Video Station

Postby Makarius » Sun Jul 09, 2017 6:48 pm

+1.

I am a user of both and it would be great to have Track.tv tracking on Video Station. I hope we can enjoy it someday.
abescalamis
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby abescalamis » Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:30 pm

I see that this has been requested lots of times since 2012 and no word from synology, I would love for the video station to support NFO files, they can add support using two diffent ways, they can fully support NFO or just support to read the movie NFO.

Example

1) The video station could fully support NFO for the Movie information.

or

2) The video station should be able to read the NFO, and search for the metadata based on the Movie ID that was read from the NFO.

Currently I have like 2,000 movies and lots of TV shows with NFO files contain the movie info, if they add the above support it will save a lot of work for customers with a big library like me.
helmers
I'm New!
I'm New!

Two suggestions for DS Video on Samsung Smart TV

Postby helmers » Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:23 pm

I have been using the DS Video app on my Samsung Smart TV for a while, and have two suggestions that would greatly reduce friction.

1. The app asks about subtitles every time I try to watch something. The feature adds a tiny bit of value occasionally, but the dialog box appears at the worst possible time (when I want to watch something). A setting to disable this would be extremely welcome.

2. Automatically advance to the next item. When I have watched episode 3 of Peppa Pig, I would like episode 4 to play, without any interaction on my part. Others do things like fancy countdowns that you can abort. Advancing automatically (or having the option to do so) would be most welcome. It is fine if it stops at the end of a season, just play all the content in a folder / category.

Additionally that what I would like the most is more speed. Remove animations, cache things, parallelize, be optimistic about network requests and so on. I'm assuming most of the slowness is Samsungs fault, but anything you can do to reduce time from me clicking your app icon until there is content on my screen is most appreciated.
jsoya01
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby jsoya01 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 3:08 pm

DSVideo
Capability to Upload files that were previously Downloaded on the iPad to Video Station
Share downloaded files with other users of DSVideo
tronix
Beginner
Beginner

Postby tronix » Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:11 am

My wishlist:

1) The option to use/keep original title when searching for video information.
In Settings > Library > Edit folder > Search for video info, add a checkbox "Use original title"

2) Enhance support for local fanart.
Update Video Station to support "A Movie (2017)-poster.jpg" for poster and "A Movie (2017)-fanart.jpg" for backdrop.

3) NFO-support.
Support nfo-files with IMDB-links. Read IMDB-link from "A Movie (2017).nfo".

4) Make the feature to fetch backdrops optional when searching for video information.
In Settings > Library > Edit folder > Search for video info, add a checkbox "Search for backdrop"

5) Option to set if articles should be ignored when sorting videos. E.g. "The Awesome Movie" sort as "T" instead of "A".

Keep making Video Station better! :)
Synology DiskStation DS3617xs with 12 Seagate Ironwolf NAS 10 TB
Synology DiskStation DS415play with 4 Western Digital Red NAS 6 TB
whanafi
I'm New!
I'm New!

DS Video for LG WebOS

Postby whanafi » Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:28 pm

LG is making the best OLED TV's at the moment, but there is no DS Video app available. I am using a ROKU to connect to my DS1815+, but the app is primitive. I really miss having the full DS Video feature set available natively on my TV.
KumanduS
Trainee
Trainee

Postby KumanduS » Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:17 am

My wishlist:
Principal: - the interaction with the app could be much more user friendly. For instance there is no point on pressing the buttons "A", "B", "C", "D" to realize functions. For instance if i want to pass forward i just want to use the arrow i don't want to press any extra key. This get especial importance when using the smart remote (that does not have "A, B, C ou D" buttons). You can check for example the usage on netflix app. Other example is having to press a button just to check other seasson, this could be done just using the arrows or simple show every thing.

Secondary: - Search feature by word and/or filters (based on the meta data);
- Verify the diference between your subtitle search solution and the bsplayer since their solution finds more results.
- when i donwload a subtile from bsplayer i have to change the name so the dsvideo can reconize the subtitle (remove the pt for portuguese), it would be good if would have to do this.
- Possibility to view the life stream of the dscam so i can check my baby from time to time
KumanduS
Trainee
Trainee

Postby KumanduS » Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:20 am

One more thing, there is a bug in the application. When my web session expire this should not affect the dsvideo.
mjsheen
I'm New!
I'm New!

Video Station subtitle download function do not work with Korean

Postby mjsheen » Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:15 am

I set the language option as "Korean" in the library. The Holiwood or Japan movies display in "Korean" names as appropriate. This is one the functions I like over Plex, which does not display Holiwood movies in Korean.

Improvement is needed where:
1. Video Station has Subscene support but "Korean" language cannot be selected, while Subscene website shows sorting option of Korean subtitles.
--> Please enable Korean language select option for Subscene.

2. Video Station does not search subtitles when I enabled Opensubtitles.org / Subscene support. I suspect this is due to Video Station querying Opensubtitles.org / Subscene in movie names in Korean. If I change the movie name into English by editing meta data, subtitles are can be obtained (from Subscene but not in Opensubtitles.org)
--> Please have Video Station query those sites in English movie names

Update:
____
After changing a movie title (by editing meta data) into English, Video Station is successful in obtaining the subtitle from Subscene (Korean is not selectable, thus English subtitles)
However, Opensubtitles.org still does not list any subtitles.
Therefore, the problem with Subscene is obviously due to query, but the problem with Opensubtitles.org seems to have another problem that I cannot guess. I also tried after registering with Opensubtitles.org and inserting ID/PW in option.
kyi561
I'm New!
I'm New!

Auto remove transcoded videos

Postby kyi561 » Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:00 am

I just discovered that any video which has been transcoded for a mobile device (iPad or iPhone) stays forever when after it's been viewed/downloaded. Could an option be added to automatically remove them after they've been downloaded?
kyi561
I'm New!
I'm New!

DS Video Downloaded Video Sort order

Postby kyi561 » Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:07 am

in the DS Video app, the items appearing in the Downloaded area appear to be sorted in the order in which they were added/downloaded.

Could you add options to sort by attributes:
- date downloaded
- file name
- specific tv show/genre
- library type (TV Show/ Movie etc)
- watched status
snowatom
Student
Student

Postby snowatom » Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:32 pm

DTS Support PLEASE!!!!.. - no DTS, no Video Station. Without DTS Support i'ts just plain useless.

/snowatom
tinouti
I'm New!
I'm New!

Control DS Video with Google Home / Mini

Postby tinouti » Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:04 am

Hi there !

I've been using DS Video with a Chromecast for a few years now, and it works really great !

But since Google announced his Google Mini, I'm thinking of buying one, and the one thing that would make me buy it right away would be to be able to control DS Video with it, the same way you can control Netflix.

Imagine : the tv is off, you say "Hey Google, play Game of Thrones on the TV" and your TV is turning on and start playing Game of Thrones at the episode where you stopped the other day.

So my question is : is there a way to do something like that at the moment, and if not, is this feature on DS Video dev roadmap ?

Thanks ! :)
leokth
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby leokth » Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:05 pm

VR 360 player please

Return to “Feature Requests & Product Improvement Suggestions”