DSvideo / Video Station wishlist

Discuss with the community any ideas you'd love to see in future DiskStations and DSM updates! We do our best to monitor and forward all of them, but we recommend to also use this form as our team will systematically see your suggestion:
https://www.synology.com/form/inquiry/feature
Forum rules
We do our best to monitor and forward your ideas to our team, but due to the large amount, we may not see every single one and recommend to also use this form as our team will systematically see your suggestion:
https://www.synology.com/form/inquiry/feature
crz
I'm New!
I'm New!

Re: DSvideo / Video Station wishlist

Postby crz » Sun Dec 25, 2016 4:09 pm

Hi, Android-DSvideo 3.3.0 and Android-DSvideo 3.3.1 does not show complete list of videos... it lists only 100 videos per folder!
I can not see in new versions all movies or series in DS video app... it only list first 100 movies or videos in folder and rest is simply ignored...
This wasnt problem in previous versions, last version that can list all videos without problems is Android-DSvideo.3.2.1-235!
I cant find anywhere an option that limits listing only to 100, is there any way how to fix new version to list all videos without limits as it was in previous versions? If not than it seems to be a bug, can you please Synology fix it?
ajacob82
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby ajacob82 » Sat Dec 31, 2016 4:03 am

My VideoStation wishlist:

1. Update the Roku app to reflect the latest VideoStation look and feel, and to support features added since the current version was released (like deleting videos, etc.).

2. Give users permission to delete videos without giving them full administrator rights throughout the system.
RDSyn88
I'm New!
I'm New!

Video Station meta data folder

Postby RDSyn88 » Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:23 pm

Please would you consider allowing us to specify a folder which the .vsmeta data files may be saved to, rather than being saved alongside the movie files?
Thanks in advance of your kind response.
dimensionone
Trainee
Trainee

Postby dimensionone » Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:43 pm

Please, can you include the link to display video trailer from YouTube linked to the video. The same as in Apple TV when I want to lend some video. This would be great.
ChildProdigy
I'm New!
I'm New!

I NEED LOG

Postby ChildProdigy » Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:44 am

Why I cant see any Log?
I don't who login my Video Station.

Log always empty.
Please fix this Bug.
ideomatic
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby ideomatic » Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:30 pm

Hi!

It would be very useful and appreciated a LG WebOS client of DS Video!

Thanks!!
EddieRLee
I'm New!
I'm New!

Re: DS video and account access rights

Postby EddieRLee » Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:52 pm

It is not just utterly fantastic that I now have all my life' collection of music, pics and vids all organised and centralised and so convenient to access but.......our young kids can also access all the movies from their Kindles.

Wouldn't it be great if the movies could be grouped in some way so that some can only be viewed late at night?

Pleease implement this Synology?
syno.dustin
Sorcerer
Sorcerer

Re: DS video and account access rights

Postby syno.dustin » Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:35 am

EddieRLee wrote:It is not just utterly fantastic that I now have all my life' collection of music, pics and vids all organised and centralised and so convenient to access but.......our young kids can also access all the movies from their Kindles.

Wouldn't it be great if the movies could be grouped in some way so that some can only be viewed late at night?

Pleease implement this Synology?

https://www.synology.com/en-us/knowledg ... eoplayback
If you need technical support please use this form: https://account.synology.com/support/support_form.php
Synology does not consistently browse this forum for technical support, feature requests, or any other inquiries as it notes at the top of the page. Please use the proper channels when you need help from someone at Synology.
ogutierr
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby ogutierr » Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:36 am

hi

one more asking for DS video on LG

:(
neven
Experienced
Experienced

Postby neven » Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:09 pm

+1 DS Video for LG WebOS
vitazlh
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby vitazlh » Thu Feb 02, 2017 6:49 am

Could you please add a function for clearing all transcoded files? It is taking up all the space.
geertn444
Rookie
Rookie

Postby geertn444 » Thu Feb 02, 2017 7:29 pm

Feature request: update for DS Video on SamsungTV (Tizen): please show the video quality (SD/HD/UHD) on the browser overview page (maybe using a colored square around cover, or using letters), so we can see immediatly the quality of the video (without having to go to video -> select -> select media details)

regards,
Geert
FloridaMatt
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby FloridaMatt » Sat Feb 04, 2017 3:22 pm

It would be very useful if Video Station could recognize and use the metadata file which pyTivo can optionally create when pulling a recording from a Tivo.
tonysky
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby tonysky » Tue Feb 07, 2017 4:01 am

I use external player (MXPlayer) to play video via DS video. but the format of ASS subtitle file will be changed. it has no problem using ES file manager.
another conern is that does DS video lower the quality of the video when transferring file from NAS? because I put blu-ray movies on NAS, and I want the original quality when playing, not to lower it.
icanic
I'm New!
I'm New!

Video station Croatian subtitle support?

Postby icanic » Tue Feb 07, 2017 3:47 pm

Please add support for Croatian subtitles in video station.
Thank you!

Return to “Feature Requests & Product Improvement Suggestions”