DSvideo / Video Station wishlist

Discuss with the community any ideas you'd love to see in future DiskStations and DSM updates! We do our best to monitor and forward all of them, but we recommend to also use this form as our team will systematically see your suggestion:
https://www.synology.com/form/inquiry/feature
Forum rules
We do our best to monitor and forward your ideas to our team, but due to the large amount, we may not see every single one and recommend to also use this form as our team will systematically see your suggestion:
https://www.synology.com/form/inquiry/feature
trent.smith
I'm New!
I'm New!

Re: DSvideo / Video Station wishlist

Postby trent.smith » Sun Jun 12, 2016 2:32 am

Just wondering if anyone has heard whether Synology will be updating the DSVideo APP available on Smart TVs. Everytime I tried to use it on different brand TVS it says the version is too old.
Okyn
I'm New!
I'm New!

Re: DS Video for other TV's

Postby Okyn » Tue Jun 21, 2016 3:52 pm

+1 For Android TV on Sony ! :D :D :D
ilsindaco
I'm New!
I'm New!

DS Video for Samsung TV - update version?

Postby ilsindaco » Tue Jun 28, 2016 9:35 am

Hi, no rumors about future update by Synology for DSVideo for Samsung TV to version 2 of Video Station?

Regards
Olivier C
Rookie
Rookie

DS Video App for XBOX ONE

Postby Olivier C » Fri Jul 22, 2016 6:54 am

Hey,

It would be nice to have a DS Video App for the XBO!
As their (MS) media Player is not one of the best.

More than that, i would not be too difficult as they now use Universal Apps :-)

Cheers!
Administrathor
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby Administrathor » Sat Jul 23, 2016 12:14 pm

Thought i`d share it here, recieved a news email from Synology today, about DS Video now being available on Android TV (which is used by Sony and others).
I`ll quote the exact sentence from the mail i recieved: "DS video for Android TV is supported by select smart TV models from Sharp and Sony." I could not find anything more specific on the official website.

I just tested it on my 2015 sony tv (X850c), and the layout is working great, as opposed to when i sideloaded it. Playback is a little choppy, but i have not have time to take a look at the decoding settings. Excellent work on part of Synology pushing this through though.
x3bwb
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby x3bwb » Mon Jul 25, 2016 10:44 am

DS Video App recently released for ATV4 (attached to Sony AV receiver) not supporting Dolby 5.1 or AC3 Passthrough (only Linear PCM)

(iTunes content is fine)

However when using DS Video app on iOS device I can "stream direct" from 214play to ATV4 with full Dolby 5.1 !!! and then physically turn off my iOS device without affecting functionality.

Surely, this is a small application change (given licensing issues) and obviously enhances the user experience of DS Video on the ATV4 which I'm sure was the desired intent.
simaocbr
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby simaocbr » Tue Sep 06, 2016 12:37 pm

Great Job with apple tv 4 aplication. Now i can download subs without goint to pc to download it.

Great New Feature i propose and super simple implementation

DS Video marks episodes that we see on aplication but if you can implement episode mark with TV Show Time it will be great! TV Show Time have it own API and it will be very simple.

https://api.tvshowtime.com/doc
Sinohlogee
Versed
Versed

Feature request - picture in picture (PIP)

Postby Sinohlogee » Wed Sep 07, 2016 10:22 pm

I tested IOS's new PIP feature. Is fantastic. I can check my emails without stopping my movie. Any plans on the horizon for something this awesome?
axel33
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby axel33 » Sun Sep 11, 2016 6:47 am

I'm from Switzerland and using Video Station in German. German movie titles are sorted not correctly:

- The german Umlaute ÄÖÜ/äöu are inserted at the end e.g. "Bärenbrüder" is in the list after "Bye, bye Harry".
- The german acticles "der", "die", "das" are handled like a part of the titel not like "The" in english titles.

For me the best solution for these problems would be, when I could define a (optional) sort key for the movie.
stetau
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby stetau » Mon Oct 10, 2016 12:48 pm

A DSVideo app for the Amazon Fire TV/Stick would be very charming! :D
Are there future plans regarding this?
Cheers!
snakedoctor13
Beginner
Beginner

Postby snakedoctor13 » Fri Oct 14, 2016 10:37 pm

I'm still asking for a small button to download the media file for an offline watch. At least, we could have a link in the movie details that leads to the file..
That's all I'm missing right now.
Keep up the good work! Thx!
NASGuy3421
I'm New!
I'm New!

Video Station Wishlist

Postby NASGuy3421 » Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:23 pm

I thought it would be a good Idea to start a video station wishlist, so the video station dev's can have some more feedback. :D

Here are a few i thought would be good to start off with.

1.The ability to set a library as default when app is open, other than having playlist be the default.
2.The ability to hide Playlist
3.The ability to set a default organization of the library ( EX. setting it to always sort movies from date released )

Just reply to add to the list-
killerspots
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby killerspots » Thu Oct 20, 2016 11:12 pm

Hi there,

I have some ideas for improvement:

1) Is there any chance to add the ability to playback .iso-files directly in DS-Video, the ATV4-app or anywhere?
2) Is there any chance to add the ability to mark more than one item/file and change the settings of more than one item at once? That would be awesome and helpful.

Best and thanks,
Killerspots
oidawtf
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby oidawtf » Sat Oct 22, 2016 12:06 pm

Until now I organized my movies genre-wise in separate folders.
But as Video Station extracts the movie infos from IMDB and gets those genres, it would be a nice feature to automatically create playlists from those (horror, adventure, action, etc...) :D .
Even if the movies have more than 1 genre, it would be ok for me, if they appear in more as well.
Reason for that would be that it is kind of exasperating to go into the details of each single movie and do this by hand.
Skiwi
Trainee
Trainee

Postby Skiwi » Sun Oct 23, 2016 11:16 am

Can we please have the download "original" function reinstated, having to trans code every movie before downloading to an iPad is annoying and superfluous if yoy upload them to the NAS in iPad native format in the first place.

Return to “Feature Requests & Product Improvement Suggestions”