DS audio/AudioStation wish list

Discuss with the community any ideas you'd love to see in future DiskStations and DSM updates! We do our best to monitor and forward all of them, but we recommend to also use this form as our team will systematically see your suggestion:
https://www.synology.com/form/inquiry/feature
Forum rules
We do our best to monitor and forward your ideas to our team, but due to the large amount, we may not see every single one and recommend to also use this form as our team will systematically see your suggestion:
https://www.synology.com/form/inquiry/feature
BJDeriso
Trainee
Trainee

Re: DS audio/AudioStation wish list

Postby BJDeriso » Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:45 pm

Three items:

1. Write ratings to the file tags and sync them back to the source on the NAS.

2. Read embedded lyrics tags. The lyrics plugin has never worked.

3. Allow alpha as well as numeric characters in the Track# field. I don't know about anyone else, but when I digitize Vinyl Recordings for archiving, I'd like to be able to use A1, A2, A3, B1, B2, B3, etc. track numbering. I don't know about other formats, but FLAC supports this today. Problem is, if there are any alpha characters in the track# field, DS Audio won't display anything. Oddly enough, it still puts the tracks in the correct order, so I don't know if it's just using file names to sort the display, or it's simply not showing alphanumeric track numbers because of data validation rules in the interface.
benn600
Versed
Versed

Pinned Smart Playlists Showing Cover Art

Postby benn600 » Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:07 am

It would be amazing if smart playlists, which were pinned, could show a random piece of cover art from the contents. Right now, only pinned artists or albums do this. I keep all music in my library for albums, and rate songs that I like 4-5 stars. This means that a full album is usually not useful. My preference is to create a smart playlist that includes one artist and rating > 3 stars. My homepage pins are pretty boring though because they are all the same silhouette in front of 3 horizontal lines.

I think playlists should store one cover art file as their "cover image" sow they can show something more useful in the homepage pin view.
Current Configuration
DS1815+ with 5 Seagate 4TB NAS drives as RAID6 + cold spare (12TB expandable to 24TB+)
DS1515+ with 4 Seagate 4TB Desktop drives as RAID5 + cold spare (12TB expandable to 16TB+)
grandchouc
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby grandchouc » Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:18 pm

I submit two ergonomics proposal to enhance interface experience:
- allow sliding right and left on the cover zone to do next and previous
- make the track progress bar not so close to the prev/pause/next/stop buttons to avoid unwanted actions
mr_oj
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby mr_oj » Sat Feb 04, 2017 8:21 pm

Native Spotify playback in the DS Audio Station app would be really good!

DS Audio is a good solution for using my various speakers and Apple Airplay devices to have multi room audio, but these days more often than not, I stream music from Spotify, so my use of Audio Station is limited by this.

A Spotify Connect plugin wold suffice!

Better still, as the NAS does a good job of distributing multi room audio, it would be great to be able to push any audio source from my iPhone to the NAS to distribute around my house - for example that source might be Apple Music or Spotify playing on my phone.
benn600
Versed
Versed

Re: DS Audio Graphic Equalizer

Postby benn600 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 1:04 am

There is now an equalizer button in Audio Station but it is grayed out. What does it do?
Current Configuration
DS1815+ with 5 Seagate 4TB NAS drives as RAID6 + cold spare (12TB expandable to 24TB+)
DS1515+ with 4 Seagate 4TB Desktop drives as RAID5 + cold spare (12TB expandable to 16TB+)
jaszladie
Trainee
Trainee

Postby jaszladie » Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:18 pm

BJDeriso wrote:Three items:

1. Write ratings to the file tags and sync them back to the source on the NAS.

2. Read embedded lyrics tags. The lyrics plugin has never worked.

3. Allow alpha as well as numeric characters in the Track# field. I don't know about anyone else, but when I digitize Vinyl Recordings for archiving, I'd like to be able to use A1, A2, A3, B1, B2, B3, etc. track numbering. I don't know about other formats, but FLAC supports this today. Problem is, if there are any alpha characters in the track# field, DS Audio won't display anything. Oddly enough, it still puts the tracks in the correct order, so I don't know if it's just using file names to sort the display, or it's simply not showing alphanumeric track numbers because of data validation rules in the interface.

+1 for #1
I'd like to have an option to either keep the current setup (where each user can have a 'library') or be able to write ratings, etc. to tags. I'm usually the only user, so it'd be great to be able to write my ratings directly to the tags.

#2 I use the Genius plug-in. It's working well.
#3 I can see why that'd be useful.
extarys
Trainee
Trainee

AudioStation - Mood bar and Mood Tags

Postby extarys » Sun Mar 05, 2017 8:40 am

Hey!

I was wondering if anyone else was interrested in some kind of mood bar for Audio Station. It's fun and also shows the dynamic of the song.

I also recently started using Photo Station and I think it's great. It led me to think that Mood tags support would be great for Smart Playlist. It would make them so much smarter ;)

I tried Beatport Pro and the sorting features are a-ma-zing, and since I would like to use my Synology 100% of the time, in fact I'm only using it 10%. JRiver Media Center too have great features but I need to rate my songs in synology and rate them in every music software I use. This make kind of no sense to me since the main point of having a NAS is to have all the data at one central place.

I do know that Synology have no obligation in making those features since the software (DSM) by itself is free and they make no money out of it. But it would be so much more easier in day-to-day life and for DJ-ing. The audiophile in me need this kind of feature.

Third suggestion: being able to see the song rating/play count of other users to know which songs they prefer etc. Then we could make a smart playlist with the taste of 2-3 users for example.

Thats it folks, please let me know what you think!
extarys
Trainee
Trainee

Postby extarys » Sun Mar 05, 2017 8:53 am

I agree with @BJDeriso for writing rating to files. It would be very easy to delete that that when a user download the song too.
Maybe the admins would be able to "control" which users have permission to see the rating.

Maybe add the play count too?
And I opened a topic about the mood tags too :)
kratib
I'm New!
I'm New!

Show audio meta tags

Postby kratib » Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:18 pm

It would be great to show audio meta tags (e.g. album year, track comments) in the app. This is useful when listening to a song and wanting to find out more about it.
Unthred
I'm New!
I'm New!

[Feature Request]

Postby Unthred » Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:07 am

As the audio station does not actually stream audio and just downloads and plays them is there any chance they could be downloaded into sub directories so say albums would be preserved instead of ending up with a massive directory full of mess?
pbek
I'm New!
I'm New!

Re: Nested rules in Audio Station Smart Playlist

Postby pbek » Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:20 am

I would really like smart playlists that can use the comment tag, I'm storing additional meta data in that tag.
dbuttric
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby dbuttric » Sat Apr 22, 2017 3:35 pm

I would like native DIAL support in audio station for both discovery (chromecasts show up in the destination list, the same way that UPNP devices do) and streaming.

I would like ds audio to stream any file without transcoding to mp3 first.

Thank you.
CurtisHead
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby CurtisHead » Sat Apr 22, 2017 6:38 pm

Hello,
how about a way to "go to all the music from same artist" and "go to the album containing this track"
from the track is playing ?

It would be very appreciated to have this option... I am the only one who really miss this basic code option ?

CurtisHead / Kabuki (old foobar user and coder ^^)
Twisted World
Versed
Versed

Postby Twisted World » Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:17 pm

I would, above anything else, really appreciate the Synology development team to move out of the 90s and land somewhere in 2017 so I can just use Audio Station in my browser using HTML5! Right now I can only play my audio collection directly from my NAS using some player on my desktop computer or using DS Audio. I refuse to give up stability, security and all other things that are dear to me because I need to install F-ing Flash just to play some audio! Video is also playing perfectly well without this Adobe virus, so why can't I play audio like that?
Home units: DS1815+ | EDS14 | DS211+
Work units: DS916+ | DS216+II | DS216play | DS415play | DS212+
tinu8805
I'm New!
I'm New!

Audio Station: Sleep Timer "At End of current song"

Postby tinu8805 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:46 pm

Why does the Audio Station not have a sleep timer that expires at the end of the current title/song? That is annoying me for yrs. Thanks

Return to “Feature Requests & Product Improvement Suggestions”