DS audio/AudioStation wish list

Discuss with the community any ideas you'd love to see in future DiskStations and DSM updates! We do our best to monitor and forward all of them, but we recommend to also use this form as our team will systematically see your suggestion:
https://www.synology.com/form/inquiry/feature
Forum rules
We do our best to monitor and forward your ideas to our team, but due to the large amount, we may not see every single one and recommend to also use this form as our team will systematically see your suggestion:
https://www.synology.com/form/inquiry/feature
AngryBlackMan
Trainee
Trainee

Re: DS Audio and SSL?

Postby AngryBlackMan » Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:48 pm

this solution worked for me:

https://www.reddit.com/r/synology/comments/34xd21/force_mobile_apps_to_use_https/ wrote:I just append my custom HTTPS port to the URL and tick the HTTPS box and apps like DS audio and DS file work fine. I have the HTTP port blocked remotely anyway. DS photo uses port 443 when ticking HTTPS.

here's a youtube video that demonstrates how to fix this.
amboly
I'm New!
I'm New!

Re: DS audio/AudioStation wish list

Postby amboly » Fri Sep 02, 2016 10:10 am

I would like to have control buttons on the home screen.

Currently if I want to skip a song I have to go through the fingerprint detection, go to the DS Audio app and hit skip. Several steps that are draining the battery. Buttons on the home screen would be very useful.
bigboboz
Novice
Novice

Postby bigboboz » Sat Sep 03, 2016 12:00 am

amboly wrote:I would like to have control buttons on the home screen.

Currently if I want to skip a song I have to go through the fingerprint detection, go to the DS Audio app and hit skip. Several steps that are draining the battery. Buttons on the home screen would be very useful.

Alternate option is to swipe up on the lock screen and you have controls there as well. Not quite as convenient as lock screen controls but don't need to unlock
djhibee
Trainee
Trainee

Postby djhibee » Wed Sep 28, 2016 5:49 pm

Hello,

on DS Audio it is possible to choose library between "All music", "Shared Library" and "Personal Library" whereas on Audio Station we can only choose between "All Music" and "Shared Library".
Could you also add the third option for Audio Station? This would be a quick win before being able to choose between multiple libraries.

A phase two would be to be more flexible by introducing filters/views on top of smart playlists. Indeed, nowadays if I want to see only the lossless files from my library, I must create a smart playlist with bit rate criteria > 600kbps. However, this is not flexible at all. With smart playlist, I would be in "playlist mode" and NOT being able to use the standards library search criteria, search by genre, by artist, etc.... Whereas I could do it with just an "excel-like" filter on top of the library search criteria. Moreover, nowadays I must create 2 smart playlists, one for lossless, one for lossy, so it pollutes my playlist repository. Again it would be solved by the "excel-like" filter.

With the quick win option (see first paragraph), I could also do it buy putting lossless files only in the personal library and selecting the third option mentionned above. But it will be less flexible than simple filters since a global application setting.

The final and perfect solution would be to consider 2 files with same title, same artist and same album but different format (mp3 or flac) as duplicates and merge them on the same line. Then, user could choose the quality we wants to play as in Photo Station where you can choose the video quality to spare mobile bandwith. It's much better than transcoding on the fly as proposed today in order to economize system resources and also be sure of the quality of the transcode (we have no visibility/details on what Audio Station does today). Moreover, it's more flexible again (not a global app setting) and it's really an added value since no music player proposes it on the market.

A simple scenario would be:
- I'm at home, I just choose option "Play with best quality available" (and the quality is displayed as additional info under "Now playing info")
- I'm on mobile using 4g, I just choose option "Play with quality of 256 birate max"

That's all, no need to create multiple playlists and switch of libraries, possibility to do the intersection and not the union of two libraries etc...
Lorddundy
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby Lorddundy » Mon Oct 03, 2016 11:50 am

SusiBiker wrote:
Lorddundy wrote:1 - Resume play where you left off?

Agree totally with all you said in your post - Drives me nuts!!
However in respect to above, if you haven't discovered it already, when opening DSAudio (even if phone/App was logged-out or restarted), by pushing the Play arrow (in the box on the top RHS) ***BEFORE YOU DO ANYTHING ELSE***, will continue with the previous playlist and will continue playing the last file from where you left off.
This is a cludgy workaround (feature?), but it has worked reliably for me for years - I listen to a lot of monolithic mp3 AudioBooks while driving, and this is a life-saver.

Better yet, put in an official feature request for full AudioBook support at -
https://www.synology.com/en-global/form ... y/feedback

I just did for the same reasons.
Hope this helps you,
Susi xx

Hi Susi,

My apologies, I have just now seen your response. I have submitted this feature request through the feedback form in April, never got any response.

Yes, in the meantime even I have realized that you can resume pressing the Play icon in the top right corner. It's a great and solves half the problem.

That being said, not being able to fast forward in an easy-to-control manner is extremely frustrating. I use the DS Audio app on a daily basis and every time I have to move the playhead using my fingers I can't help cursing the person who designed the app or rather, the person who decided to completely ignore the fact that this needs to be improved. This should be basic.
flexnet
Trainee
Trainee

Postby flexnet » Thu Oct 13, 2016 11:03 pm

Hi,
Thanks a lot for implementing DSD support to the Beta... it would be perfect if you can also add:
    1) .ISO (SACD and CD images) .WV and DVD-A containers playback support.
    2) Presettable downsampling capability (f.e. max 24/96 for all higher bit-rates).
    3) Bits depth (16, 24, 32), codec (MP3, PCM, DSD) into Song Information.
    4) GUI dark theme (similar look as VideoStation); animated widgets (VU meter, spectrum).
    5) Song Information just by clicking either "Playback queue" or "Lyrics" on the control bar.
    6) Mini player mode as control buttons on the DSM taskbar (instead of small window).
Thanks beforehand!
DS1813+, EDS14 - DSM 6.0
BFleuren
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby BFleuren » Sun Oct 16, 2016 7:49 pm

I would like to be able to edit music tags from the DS Audio app
jdammo
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby jdammo » Mon Nov 21, 2016 11:54 pm

Is there any future plans to release a CarPlay app for DS Audio. Making it more friendly and usable in that environment?
flexnet
Trainee
Trainee

Postby flexnet » Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:35 pm

jdammo wrote:Is there any future plans to release a CarPlay app for DS Audio. Making it more friendly and usable in that environment?

+1
fully support to integrate DS Audio into car environment
DS1813+, EDS14 - DSM 6.0
Dahaniel
I'm New!
I'm New!

please add "play next" option

Postby Dahaniel » Sat Nov 26, 2016 8:19 pm

This would add the single song I selected as the next one in the cue.

Right now there is only "add to cue and play" which interrupts the cue and adds the songs to the end of the cue.
veloblur
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby veloblur » Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:09 am

Hi,

I would be good to have a permission to only allow streaming but not downloading of the content to the local drive in DS Audio. If this could be implemented such that each time DS Audio connects to the Synology NAS, it would get Mobile App permissions on the Synology Server. Another such permission could be to allow DS Photo to only view or slideshow photos without allowing the user to download.

Regards,
CW
skrutten84
I'm New!
I'm New!

Re: DS Audio playlist sync

Postby skrutten84 » Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:36 pm

I'm also looking for that feature, anyone know if this is under development?
baskaran
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Audio Station App (DSaudio )for Mac (OSX)

Postby baskaran » Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:26 pm

I would like to see a stand-alone DS Audio player for the Mac. I use in on my iPhone pretty regularly.
In the interim, can we get an update to the if the browser-based player that does not require me to install the FlashPlayer?

Thanks.
brazilie97
I'm New!
I'm New!

Re: AudioStation and DS Audio : Playlists and Ratings

Postby brazilie97 » Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:40 am

Same here! With these improvements, ds audio would probably become my go to listening app.
It would be really nice if I add a song to a playlist, it's automatically downloaded on my mobile devices (that have that playlist offline) too.
It's been 4 years since this post was opened, so hopefully these features will be added soon! :)
rde
Novice
Novice

Postby rde » Mon Jan 02, 2017 3:53 pm

Google home integration. (https://madeby.google.com/home/)
I know its s till early and the 3rd party sdks are still in development.
But it would be great to ba able to command audio station with your voice.
(Like play songs from artists x, make random playlist with 4 stars songs and normal commands like skip song, pause etc ...)

Return to “Feature Requests & Product Improvement Suggestions”