DS audio/AudioStation wish list

Discuss with the community any ideas you'd love to see in future DiskStations and DSM updates! We do our best to monitor and forward all of them, but we recommend to also use this form as our team will systematically see your suggestion:
https://www.synology.com/form/inquiry/feature
Forum rules
We do our best to monitor and forward your ideas to our team, but due to the large amount, we may not see every single one and recommend to also use this form as our team will systematically see your suggestion:
https://www.synology.com/form/inquiry/feature
flexnet
Trainee
Trainee

Re: DS audio/AudioStation wish list

Postby flexnet » Fri May 06, 2016 6:49 pm

I would appreciate the following improvements on this app:

1. GUI improvements: similar look as the latest VideoStation GUI (dark theme); widgets (f.e. VU meter, Spectrum).
2. Hi-Res file support (DSD, SACD ISO, DVD-A) with presettable downsampling option (f.e. max 24/96 for all higher bit-rates).
3. Media info indication for hi-res files playback (FLAC, APE, WMA, etc), such as word length/bit-rate (f.e. 24/192).
4. Musical style/genre presets (jazz, pop, rock. classical, etc) with possibility to customize via spectrum equalization.
5. Please add some tags from "Song Information" popup onto the Playbak panel, as well as some more info (word length, audio codec).
A target view similar like below would be nice indeed :)
Thanks!
Last edited by flexnet on Sun May 22, 2016 9:58 pm, edited 6 times in total.
DS1813+, EDS14 - DSM 6.0
v84x4
Apprentice
Apprentice

Postby v84x4 » Mon May 09, 2016 12:40 pm

flexnet wrote:I would appreciate the following improvements on this app:

1. GUI extensions (similar look as the latest VideoStation GUI dark theme; VU meter/spectrum widgets; lyrics info/string running; etc).
2. File support extension (DSD, SACD iso) with downsampling option presettable (f.e. max 24/96 for all higher bit-rates).
3. media info indication for high-resolution files (FLAC, APE, WMA, etc), such as a word size / bit-rate (f.e. 24/192).
4. style/genre presets (jazz, rock. classical, etc) with automatic switching option based on media info (genre tag) in the file.

Thanks!

+1

Regards Rick
Work NAS: DS713+ 8GB Ram 2x3TB RED SHR
Home NAS: DS1815+ 16GB Ram 2x3TB RED SHR, 4x4TB HGST SHR, 1x120GB SSD for CACHE (SMOKIN FAST!)

NETWORK: Comcast 90MB Down 12Mb UP, Synology Router (RT1900ac)
COMPUTER: evga Z97 MB, INTEL i7 4790K, evga 16GBR, 460SSD, evga 980 TI Classified, Windows 10 64bit
MEDIA STREAM: 60" LG Smart TV, Razer FORGE TV, MODDED-XBOX, Android Phones & Tablets
psysfaction
Trainee
Trainee

Postby psysfaction » Mon May 09, 2016 6:43 pm

v84x4 wrote:
flexnet wrote:I would appreciate the following improvements on this app:

1. GUI extensions (similar look as the latest VideoStation GUI dark theme; VU meter/spectrum widgets; lyrics info/string running; etc).
2. File support extension (DSD, SACD iso) with downsampling option presettable (f.e. max 24/96 for all higher bit-rates).
3. media info indication for high-resolution files (FLAC, APE, WMA, etc), such as a word size / bit-rate (f.e. 24/192).
4. style/genre presets (jazz, rock. classical, etc) with automatic switching option based on media info (genre tag) in the file.

Thanks!

+1

Regards Rick

+2
Pollins
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby Pollins » Mon May 09, 2016 7:00 pm

One feature i would really like is the following. I think it can't be very hard to realize.

I think many of us have their music sorted in folders (on album and artist). It would be nice to use a random feature on album and not
only on songs. So when you select the random feature it gives you some selected albums (folders) in your library.

Thanks.
ddps
Novice
Novice

Postby ddps » Mon May 30, 2016 1:40 pm

I would like the ability to shuffle large (>5000) song smart playlists. Currently, the algorithm only shuffles from the first 5000 songs in the smart playlist.
ddps
Novice
Novice

Postby ddps » Mon May 30, 2016 1:43 pm

Eurion wrote:My wish for audio station:
The "Random100" playlist should have an option te select or exclude specific Genres. I like to play random shuffeld songs but I for instance also have a lot of soundtracks. Generally I don't need these mixed in for random 100 so an option to deselect this genre would be great. :wink:

This would work for me as an alternative to my above request. Excluding particular folders would work as well....
brazilie97
I'm New!
I'm New!

Re: DS Audio playlist sync

Postby brazilie97 » Wed Jun 22, 2016 12:56 pm

Has this already been implemented?
popp471
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby popp471 » Sat Jul 02, 2016 7:11 pm

-would be very useful to make an assessment with little stars, 1-5, also of entire disk CD, and not just of individual songs!
- Possibly create a hyperlink that goes directly to DS File for watching the folder, the format (MP3, FLAC, etc.)
-they can create TAG (with genre rock pop jazz classica, ecc, preferences, etc.) to group the records into categories
ddps
Novice
Novice

Postby ddps » Sun Jul 03, 2016 2:12 pm

ddps wrote:I would like the ability to shuffle large (>5000) song smart playlists. Currently, the algorithm only shuffles from the first 5000 songs in the smart playlist.

I see that DSM6 allows you to shuffle 8192 songs, but that still doesn't cut it. The previous suggestions to filter based upon genre or folder would be very helpful.
nucu
Beginner
Beginner

Is there any posibility to have ds audio on Windows 10?

Postby nucu » Sun Jul 17, 2016 10:55 pm

This is the question.
Since we have ds photo ant ds video, why couldn´t we have the ds audio?
using IE is very difficult, it stops frecuently and it doesn´t offer the same experience.

Thank you
joseph07
I'm New!
I'm New!

Features I wish Audio Station had

Postby joseph07 » Wed Jul 20, 2016 7:41 am

I have tried a few music stream services over the past five years and I must say that, in my experience, the DS Audio Station app has been able to match many of them in performance and usability. However, there is always a however :) I would really benefit from having a button, or something like that, that allows me to add a song that is currently playing to any of the playlists I created. In shuffle mode, it is hard to find the song that is on because the audio station does not highlight/mark it. I would just be great to have the following options easily accessible regardless of the screen one is at:

1. add to playlist,
2. play all my songs (not only 5,000),
3. like/dislike (thumbs up) instead of favorites or 1-5 stars,
4. go to artist/album/genre,
5. add song/album "easily" without replacing the one that is currently selected.

I also liked the layout until I started using Spotify, Tidal and Apple Music. I found the DS-AS and Google's app kind of archaic considering the quality of colors that many new apps are using. In any case, I am expecting a new release within the next 6 months with these and many more improvements so that I can enjoy my music the way I want.

Thank you Synology for the privilege of accessing all my digital material from one single place. I look forward to many more years of enjoying my DS415+ with 16TB (10TB).
iophobia
Beginner
Beginner

Re: DS Audio playlist sync

Postby iophobia » Mon Jul 25, 2016 1:21 pm

would love to see that as well. really struggling with the - what i thought was - simple idea to have a synced "recently added" playlist between PC/NAS and Android device.
mijujda
I'm New!
I'm New!

Re: DS Audio/Audiostation Multi-Disc

Postby mijujda » Mon Aug 01, 2016 8:35 am

+1
I'd really appreciate this feature as well.
kiko
I'm New!
I'm New!

Re: Is there any posibility to have ds audio on Windows 10?

Postby kiko » Fri Aug 05, 2016 11:19 am

+1 on this
Twisted World
Versed
Versed

Re: DS Audio/Audiostation Multi-Disc

Postby Twisted World » Tue Aug 09, 2016 1:42 pm

You CAN combine multi-disc albums into one entry by using the ID3 tags the proper way. Just label all discs with exactly the same album name (NO "Disc 1" or "CD 1" or anything added to it) and use the disc fields to number the discs. Although Audio Station doesn't actually show the discs number field (why not Synology?), it will still sort everything correctly as long as you use the album title to sort (and not the track numbers).

Home units: DS1815+ | EDS14 | DS211+
Work units: DS916+ | DS216+II | DS216play | DS415play | DS212+

Return to “Feature Requests & Product Improvement Suggestions”