DS audio/AudioStation wish list

Discuss with the community any ideas you'd love to see in future DiskStations and DSM updates! We do our best to monitor and forward all of them, but we recommend to also use this form as our team will systematically see your suggestion:
https://www.synology.com/form/inquiry/feature
Forum rules
We do our best to monitor and forward your ideas to our team, but due to the large amount, we may not see every single one and recommend to also use this form as our team will systematically see your suggestion:
https://www.synology.com/form/inquiry/feature
barkinglobster
I'm New!
I'm New!

Re: DS audio/AudioStation wish list

Postby barkinglobster » Sat Feb 06, 2016 10:55 pm

Still waiting for gapless playback of FLAC files to my Sonos speakers...
lanark
Trainee
Trainee

Postby lanark » Fri Mar 04, 2016 4:40 pm

I'd love to have a choice of skin for DS Audio - I have meticulously tagged cover art to all my audio files and the image shown is TINY.

It would also be nice to be able to choose what info is displayed on the "Now Playing" screen, I'd like to have the release date shown, for example.

Finally - a fire-tv compatible version of the android app - PLEASE :)
brazilie97
I'm New!
I'm New!

Re: DS Audio playlist sync

Postby brazilie97 » Sun Mar 06, 2016 3:34 pm

Exactly the same here ..
ouquoi
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby ouquoi » Mon Mar 07, 2016 9:35 am

Please add support for chromecast (Multiroom) on ds audio web app (In DSM). Currently chromecast is only available throw DS audio mobile apps.. :(

thanks
garycooper
Trainee
Trainee

Postby garycooper » Mon Mar 07, 2016 11:29 am

ouquoi wrote:Please add support for chromecast (Multiroom) on ds audio web app (In DSM). Currently chromecast is only available throw DS audio mobile apps.. :(

thanks

+1 Chromecast on multi-Room for DS AUDIO WEB APP
Artstar
Student
Student

Postby Artstar » Sun Mar 20, 2016 9:13 am

Gain boost control, in addition to the regular device's volume control, would be a welcome addition. I've particularly found that using the equaliser significantly reduces the volume of the tracks being played as it seems to decrease other parts of the spectrum in order to give the impression that the desired frequency boost is applied. It's cheating, not boosting!

This way, some kind of overall gain boost in the app, or even within the equaliser settings, to help compensate for the overall volume loss would be a nice thing.
Lorddundy
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby Lorddundy » Thu Mar 24, 2016 9:48 am

Hi,

Not sure if I am posting in this suggestion in the right thread. Please let me know where else I should post this if not here.

The DS Audio app for iPhones would really need a minor change that would be extremely helpful:

Scrolling or "navigating the playhead" within an audio file that is being played is extremely difficult if the file is long. I normally listen to 2-3 hour long recordings but moving the playhead with my fingers to an exact time is awfully difficult. Just try loading a 1-2 hour long audio file and try going to the 35th minute for example. It is one thing that the app cannot remember where you stopped the audio last time but when you get back to listening to it, it will drive you nuts trying to navigate to the right minute.

Suggested features:

1 - Resume play where you left off?
2 - Moving the playhead should be made much smoother on more lengthy recordings - perhaps like holding the playhead and pulling it down would reduce the scrolling speed by 2-4-8x times the speed. That way fine tuning becomes a piece of cake.

Thanks!
moquette
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby moquette » Mon Mar 28, 2016 9:44 pm

Lorddundy wrote:Scrolling or "navigating the playhead" within an audio file that is being played is extremely difficult if the file is long. I normally listen to 2-3 hour long recordings but moving the playhead with my fingers to an exact time is awfully difficult. Just try loading a 1-2 hour long audio file and try going to the 35th minute for example. It is one thing that the app cannot remember where you stopped the audio last time but when you get back to listening to it, it will drive you nuts trying to navigate to the right minute.

Suggested features:

1 - Resume play where you left off?
2 - Moving the playhead should be made much smoother on more lengthy recordings - perhaps like holding the playhead and pulling it down would reduce the scrolling speed by 2-4-8x times the speed. That way fine tuning becomes a piece of cake.

Thanks!

I fully second this proposal.
It's an absolute necessity, as the cue file reading doesn't really work (ends earlier than it should, makes a pause, then repeats a bit of the previous track's end when starting the new. And, ultimate horror, it downsamples to wav).

This might be a "wheel-type" button. Unlike navigating on a straight line, navigating might take not one turn, but several, depending on the length.
pbanders
Beginner
Beginner

Why No Audio Station App for Samsung Smart TV?

Postby pbanders » Wed Apr 06, 2016 11:01 pm

DS Video is available on Samsung Smart TV, why not DS Audio? Would be a nice addition.
aniceberg
Trainee
Trainee

Postby aniceberg » Fri Apr 08, 2016 6:12 pm

How about a native Windows 10 app just like DS Photos and DS Videos?

I have a Surface tablet and DSM's AudioStation is missing control elements (like check boxes) when using the native Edge browser, and in both Edge and Chrome the touchscreen controls don't work to both reposition windows, move the volume slider controls, etc.
timmsy
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby timmsy » Wed Apr 27, 2016 6:31 am

Ability to sort playlists. It is painful to re-order playlists when a new album comes along and I want to stick the same artist in the same section of the playlist (I am using Audio station in a browser and selecting and pressing the 'Up' button hundreds of times.

Also detection checks for duplicate songs in the playlist!

Thanks!!
patijazz
I'm New!
I'm New!

Re: Nested rules in Audio Station Smart Playlist

Postby patijazz » Wed Apr 27, 2016 8:52 am

Hi everyone,

I'm missing exactly that. I guess it is something very easy to develop. I'm not using the smart playlists due to this gap.

Best regards.
SusiBiker
Seasoned
Seasoned
Location: Left The Pit behind - On my way to Nerdville, Dorkshire

Postby SusiBiker » Sat Apr 30, 2016 9:27 am

Lorddundy wrote:1 - Resume play where you left off?

Agree totally with all you said in your post - Drives me nuts!!
However in respect to above, if you haven't discovered it already, when opening DSAudio (even if phone/App was logged-out or restarted), by pushing the Play arrow (in the box on the top RHS) ***BEFORE YOU DO ANYTHING ELSE***, will continue with the previous playlist and will continue playing the last file from where you left off.
This is a cludgy workaround (feature?), but it has worked reliably for me for years - I listen to a lot of monolithic mp3 AudioBooks while driving, and this is a life-saver.

Better yet, put in an official feature request for full AudioBook support at -
https://www.synology.com/en-global/form ... y/feedback

I just did for the same reasons.
Hope this helps you,
Susi xx
Dear Self-Appointed 'Forum Police' - I am so glad I make you feel needed xxx :)

SYNOLOGY: DS2411+/DX1211 19x Seagate+3x Samsung Desktop HDDs+2x Seagate NAS HDDs SHR2, DS1513+/DX513 4x Samsung+3x WD Desktop HDDs SHR1, VS80
OTHERS: APC Smart-UPS SMT1500I, Smart-UPS SMC1500I, Back-UPS BR800, ACTi ACM-1231 IP Camera, Netgear Router R7000 Nighthawk, Netgear 2x ReadyNAS Duo 2TB RAID1, D-Link DGS-1210-24 WebSmart Switch, 3x WDTVLive, 4x Xbox360, Xbox One, PS4, iPhone 4S 64GB, 6S+ 128GB, iPad1 64GB, Epson WF-7525, Canon iP4500, Dymo 330Turbo.
guifoo
I'm New!
I'm New!

audio station - store user settings on the NAS

Postby guifoo » Sat Apr 30, 2016 2:48 pm

Hi,

as in a lot of households, I suppose, we have a tablet laying around, and used by different people in the house.
This means several people grab a tablet or smartphone, start the audio station app, and log in using their credentials.

There are a few settings, in the app, which should be user-specific and stored centrally on the NAS, instead of on each device.

The "Append by", for example, is especially frustrating. You can choose "Add song to queue", and "Replace entire queue".
Different people have different preferences in that respect. If you use the family tablet, however, you always have to check, because you are using the value set by the last user, which is not necessarily the one you want.

The same goes for "Library source": All music, shared music, or personal music only. This is user-specific.

I'd like to define those once, for my account, and have these setting automatically set on any device I use.
scdebaay
Trainee
Trainee

Postby scdebaay » Mon May 02, 2016 1:11 pm

+1 on that last post:

Is it possible to keep the playing queue and position between devices for a specific user?
I have multiple devices that I have installed DS Audio on and I would like to see that when I have set up a playing queue on one device (my phone for example) and I switch to another device (my laptop, because I have arrived at home and want to play music on my home stereo) that the playing queue and position from my phone is picked up by my laptop so I can continue from where I was. In my opinion it does not need to be down to the minute, but at least the current song and the rest of the playing queue would be nice.
It would be like the YouTube playlist and history.

Is that already implemented or would that be a new feature?

Return to “Feature Requests & Product Improvement Suggestions”