DS audio/AudioStation wish list

Discuss with the community any ideas you'd love to see in future DiskStations and DSM updates! We do our best to monitor and forward all of them, but we recommend to also use this form as our team will systematically see your suggestion:
https://www.synology.com/form/inquiry/feature
Forum rules
We do our best to monitor and forward your ideas to our team, but due to the large amount, we may not see every single one and recommend to also use this form as our team will systematically see your suggestion:
https://www.synology.com/form/inquiry/feature
moshano
I'm New!
I'm New!

DS Audio and SSL?

Postby moshano » Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:32 am

Neither DS Audio nor DS photo work with SSL enabled. Any fix to this?
paulcro
I'm New!
I'm New!

Connecting DSAudio through https://?

Postby paulcro » Wed Oct 06, 2010 5:14 pm

Hello everyone,

I am trying to connect to my iphone4 through DSAudio. I have my disk station set up for https and am unable to connect to the audiostation. Will this work through https? I have heard that this may be related to not having a valid ssl certificate?! Any advice would be helpful...Thanks,

-Paul
syno.allen
Synology Inc
Synology Inc

Re: DS Audio and SSL?

Postby syno.allen » Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:04 am

DS audio doesn't support connection over SSL (5001). You can still enable https connection but please don't enable "Automatically redirect HTTP connections to HTTPS" that will cause DS audio fail to work.
niewiesznic
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Postby niewiesznic » Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:33 am

Hello,
Do You plan to improve DS Audio & Photo station to support it over SSL/https ?

Take care,

P.
Regards,
niewiesznic
Synology Inc

Postby syno.allen » Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:12 pm

niewiesznic wrote:Hello,
Do You plan to improve DS Audio & Photo station to support it over SSL/https ?

Take care,

P.

Yes. But the schedule can't be promised at this time.
danevald
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby danevald » Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:27 am

Is the DS Audio supposed to work over a WAN connection? either 3g or Wi-Fi?
Seems that no matter what settings I try and what user i log in with I either get the message "The network is not currently available" or "You are not authorized to use this service" I have the PhotoStation(DS Photo) running over WAN, so I know the router/NAT config should be OK. I am having the problem on both my Android devices and my iPhone...
mnerec
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby mnerec » Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:07 pm

syno.allen wrote:Yes. But the schedule can't be promised at this time.

+1 for this feature!
I hate having to access my Diskstation using HTTP over public networks.
loki2525
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby loki2525 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:06 pm

I hate having to access my Diskstation using HTTP over public networks.

Until SSL support is added to the DS audio app i wouldn't use it on any open networks. A simple pcap can 'view' user/password data.

Code: Select all

# run tshark with a simple filter, hope this will limit the extra network noise
 tshark  -w /tmp/tshark.pcap -a duration:30 "(port 5000)"

then decode the pcap in wireshark

Code: Select all

POST /audio/iPhone/login.cgi HTTP/1.1
Content-Length: 50
Content-Type: application/x-www-form-urlencoded
Host: REMOVED.HOST.NET:5000
Connection: Keep-Alive
username=audio&passwd=dsaudio&client_agent=android

Count me in for a +1 for the SSL feature request :)
disco
Rookie
Rookie

Postby disco » Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:13 pm

I have to agree with the rest of you, i wont be using these apps until SSL is supported. One of the main reasons I bought the DS410 was for the app support on andriod and apple for photostation.

So its now been about 9 months since this was first mentioned do we have any idea when this feature will be available Synology?????

another +1 for this feature.
andrei1978
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby andrei1978 » Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:20 pm

+1 for HTTPS support

It's a shame that we can't use this otherwise great application. Any time line for this yet?

Thank you
wakebrdr549
Rookie
Rookie

DS audio/AudioStation wish list

Postby wakebrdr549 » Sun Jan 02, 2011 1:54 am

I love the dsAudio app and use it every day. It is awesome but I would like to see a few things
  • Ignore capitalization in tags - The rolling Stones are the same as the Rolling stones
  • Control media render-ers from dsAudio
  • Add a + button to every song, for adding to the 'On the Go' Playlist without having to navigate to 'On the Go' playlist and click edit
  • add folder to 'On the Go' playlist option
  • 'On the Go' playlist shortcut
  • Ability to save and clear the 'On the Go' Playlist.
  • ability to show all tags
  • Edit individual as well as groups of items tags. ex - Change all general jazz genre tags to Jazz or to add an album tag to all of the items on an album at the same time. if this was added to the Audio Station it would probably be more useful there,but it would be nice to be able to change a bad tag when you see it as its playing.
  • a-z scroller on all lists. The folder list is missing this and this makes it pretty much useless for large libraries. I have 6000 folders in my library. 79,000 songs total.
  • Ability to designate how many items to load in each folder. Especially with large libraries it might make sense to not load everything at once, although 6000 folders load super fast and its not an issue at this size
  • some songs wont stream on 3g. I am assuming it is because they are high bitrate songs... not sure. If that is the case, on the fly reencoding would be awesome. Not totally sure that is the issue, but it doesnt happen that often.
jlutzhoft
I'm New!
I'm New!

Re: DS Audio Wish List

Postby jlutzhoft » Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:08 am

I use the Audio Station web interface every day. It's great but it would be nice if I could update the playlists without the need to type the playlist name again :)

Br,
Jens
Axachi
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby Axachi » Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:19 pm

I agree and one more feature. Bee abel to download/sync songs to the phone as well. For offline play.

I love my DS1010+ and my phone HTC Desire.
shareonline
Student
Student

Postby shareonline » Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:23 pm

A big + would also be to have individual user rights to each playlist. So that if you log in as a user, you can be given rights to create playlists that can both be public or private.
A private playlist can only be altered by the admin or the owner.

This would make it alot more useable for users of your nas because i don't want people to be able to delete or add songs to my playlists, but i want them to be able to create playlists.. Really hope that you will look into this, and i'm not a developer but i don't think this will be very hard to do.
kamynaro
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby kamynaro » Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:25 pm

Since some users may have the same music ripped in multiple formats, build a routine to allow the selection of what formats are being displayed and available for playback. That is: if one has - say - Strawberry Fields backed up as a .wav, .mp3 and .wma, the routine would allow the end user to select if they want to see just the ., the .mp3 or the .wma or any combination of them.

Return to “Feature Requests & Product Improvement Suggestions”