Download Station Requests

Discuss with the community any ideas you'd love to see in future DiskStations and DSM updates! We do our best to monitor and forward all of them, but we recommend to also use this form as our team will systematically see your suggestion:
https://www.synology.com/form/inquiry/feature
Forum rules
We do our best to monitor and forward your ideas to our team, but due to the large amount, we may not see every single one and recommend to also use this form as our team will systematically see your suggestion:
https://www.synology.com/form/inquiry/feature
johnbot
I'm New!
I'm New!

Re: Download Station Requests

Postby johnbot » Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:05 am

GeneralSan wrote:* a site or page with a clear roadmap

* an issue list instead of this forum, which is not really suitable for following up features and bugs

Yes, please!
vitazlh
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby vitazlh » Fri Feb 03, 2017 2:01 am

Can we include scheduler function? set upload/download speed start/pause downloading files etc.
skumancer
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby skumancer » Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:39 pm

Requests:

- Fast/Seamless login. I don't wanna see a "logging in" view, work it out in the background like other Apps do. I just want to be presented with a download status screen once I've signed in for the first time.
mipial
Trainee
Trainee

Postby mipial » Sun Feb 19, 2017 1:35 pm

Hello. One think I've noticed is that the max active download tasks is for every type of download. I had a problem with this today.

I usually set the limit at 5, usually because BT downloads sometimes max out my bandwith and other times can be very slow and take many days for not-that-big files.

I added a few HTTP downloads, and 5 of them started at once. As opposed to BT downloads, most HTTP downloads come from sites with lots of bandwidth, so they almost always max out my bandwidth. And the bandwith control in HTTP is for every file.

So I had to lower the max active download tasks to 1 while the HTTP is downloaded because my internet slowed to a crawl.

My request is for the HTTP option to have an independent max number of download tasks.

Another request would be for an option to peek into the ongoing downloads without having to resort to the console.

Thanks a lot
swrobel
Trainee
Trainee

Postby swrobel » Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:10 pm

johnbot wrote:
GeneralSan wrote:* a site or page with a clear roadmap

* an issue list instead of this forum, which is not really suitable for following up features and bugs

Yes, please!

Another +1 for this!
hfunder
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby hfunder » Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:15 am

would really like:
columns: seeds, peers both available and connected
the ability to move torrents up/down download queue to give priority
Vayaa
Trainee
Trainee

Postby Vayaa » Wed May 03, 2017 9:17 am

johnbot wrote:
Starcraftmazter wrote:Auto resume [...] for downloads which time out.

Yes, please! Seriously :!:

But resume should start only after all tasks in the list have been run at least once.

Then the resume process would try every unfinished task again once. This way looping through the list until finally all files are done (or overall download time frame closes). This kind of loop also prevents a broken link from overly delaying all other downloads.

Reason: I am downloading files from http://www.onlinetvrecorder.com during happy hour and they allow only one download per user at a time. So I do not want to resume a download while some other is running. Anyway I set simultaneously allowed downloads to "1".
I echo this request!
ronzz
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby ronzz » Mon May 08, 2017 6:35 pm

Adding the ability to setup VPN only for download station would be great.
jologskyblues
Trainee
Trainee

Postby jologskyblues » Mon May 15, 2017 12:23 pm

Might I suggest the following features:

1. Custom sorting of download tasks like having up/down buttons to move a download up or down the task list.
2. Automatic start of next download in the queue if the current download task is not progressing due to lack of seeders.
3. Sorting download tasks by creation/added date.
DummyPLUG
Apprentice
Apprentice

Postby DummyPLUG » Mon Jun 05, 2017 5:58 am

+1 to sort by "created time", download station already have this in record for each download, just lack how to sort by it.
DS1817+, DS412+ (dead), 2*DS211j
bruemeister
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby bruemeister » Mon Jun 05, 2017 2:29 pm

ronzz wrote:Adding the ability to setup VPN only for download station would be great.

+1000 !! Yes please this would be awesome!
Kinatas
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby Kinatas » Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:03 am

Post opened on 2007 ... Is it working ?

It missing an option to automatically retry a failed DL after a setting numbers of minutes.
JohnSmith75
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby JohnSmith75 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:17 am

Command line tool for adding downloads to Download Station. Way for easily batch add stuff to automate downloads.
liamreed
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby liamreed » Wed Jul 12, 2017 7:40 am

Socks5 proxy support
pikot
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby pikot » Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:56 pm

Is there a way to add categories/labels/tags to each torrent and later sort or filter the torrent list according to this labels.
Each category could also have a different destination folder where the files are saved.
Like the feature in transmission
http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/how-to-automate-organize-torrents-with-the-transmission-downloader-mac/

This way it would be easy to sort out torrents from different trackers, or torrents you have uploaded your self.

Return to “Feature Requests & Product Improvement Suggestions”