Download Station Requests

Discuss with the community any ideas you'd love to see in future DiskStations and DSM updates! We do our best to monitor and forward all of them, but we recommend to also use this form as our team will systematically see your suggestion:
https://www.synology.com/en-global/form ... y/feedback
Forum rules
We do our best to monitor and forward your ideas to our team, but due to the large amount, we may not see every single one and recommend to also use this form as our team will systematically see your suggestion:
https://www.synology.com/en-global/form ... y/feedback
maelstorm
I'm New!
I'm New!

Re: Download Station Requests

Postby maelstorm » Thu Jun 04, 2015 8:50 pm

PEYMAN wrote:I became a so many errors like Extraction Failed
Please add a bottom like "ReDownload" or "Download Again"

The same here

+1
Troberg
Novice
Novice

Postby Troberg » Fri Jun 12, 2015 11:53 am

Command line support.

I'd like a command line tool for adding downloads to Download Station. That way, I can easily batch add stuff to automate downloads.
ravyouli
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby ravyouli » Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:58 pm

Dear all,
I use Download station a lot and I think a simple request I would have is to be able to decide the file names before downloading. A lot of sites add many garbage in the file names and I would like to be able to rename the files like I want before starting the download, this would help a lot.
Thank you in advance!!!
Youl
YiorgosX
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby YiorgosX » Sat Jul 04, 2015 9:59 am

A very simple modification/addition:
At torrent properties there is the message
"Automatically stop seeding when both conditions below are satisfied".
Please change "both" to "EITHER" or add a dropbox that will let you to select mode.

Thanx
janegood
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby janegood » Fri Jul 10, 2015 5:42 pm

Could a Samsung Smart TV download torrents??? which program can I use???
I would like to download some videos.
Last edited by antoiney on Mon Jul 13, 2015 2:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: external link removed
Zero Day Virus
Trainee
Trainee

Postby Zero Day Virus » Sun Aug 09, 2015 8:18 am

I have no idea if this was mentioned here before, but if you have the Download Station schedule running, a "Force start" would be great for downloads you want to download now regardless of the preset scheduled window. Cheers everyone!
DS1512+:
5 x Western Digital Red 3TB Hard Drives (WD30EFRX)
3GB DDR3
2Gbps Connection (Link Aggregation)
2 x Noctua NF-R8 80mm Fans
WinFast DTV Dongle (DVB-T for Video Station)

DX513:
5 x Seagate Constellation ES.2 3TB Hard Drives (ST33000650NS)
stripy
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby stripy » Fri Aug 21, 2015 9:40 am

I assume most of these had already been mentioned, since I haven't gone through all of the pages. These are my suggestions:
  • labels/tags
  • show trackers in the right side column, show torrents by trackers
  • show ratio, seeds, peers columns
  • the ability to move torrents up/down download queue
  • add the option to call "on complete" scripts
  • remove temporary files after download and keep seeding from destination folder
  • smaller fonts / possibility to change fonts so more tasks can fit into a window
AcostaJA
Trainee
Trainee

Postby AcostaJA » Fri Sep 25, 2015 6:12 pm

I'm getting blind, did'nt see this thread before.

I Guess Download Station should implement the "Turtle Mode" as Transmission, this is a button that enable different speed limits than regular, I found this very useful since my ISP use to oversell and at times my connection goes vey slow and I need to slowdown or pause Bittorent download jut tob be able to read email or download an attachment,
alz123
Sharp
Sharp

Postby alz123 » Mon Sep 28, 2015 8:05 am

i would like to see and auto delete once file is down loaded
Synology DS411 slim - 27 imac , 15 macbook pro
Shawzborne
Rookie
Rookie

Please add the following features to the iOS app

Postby Shawzborne » Fri Oct 09, 2015 11:57 am

Hi,

Please add the following features to the best synology app out there:

-iOS 9 support

- iOS 9 iPad Slide Over, Split View, and Picture in Picture support

- iOS 9 Watch OS 2 Native app

- iOS 9 iPhone 6s and 6s Plus 3D touch support

-gui fixes: sometimes when you are viewing the download list in the app then rotate your orientation the download time remaining overlaps other parts of the app.

Please add in your suggestions below to keep the developers busy improving this amazing application!

Thank-you,

Shawn
BlueOni
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby BlueOni » Mon Nov 02, 2015 9:02 am

Adding yet another request for decent VPN support.

A simple option to restrict Download Station to using only a single interface (or if you want to be fantastic, a list in which interfaces can be added/removed and ordered as required allowing a great level of control), and making VPN connections show up in that list of interfaces.
z0lid
Trainee
Trainee

Postby z0lid » Thu Nov 05, 2015 2:40 pm

There is one function i just CANT believe that they have not implemented.
When you want to choose what files you want to download in your torrent, you can not decide to chose a whole map....
So for example if i where to download a torrent that is 30gb of 3-4 1080p movies, but i actually just want 1 of the movies, now what i have to do is to select the files that i want instead of just being able to select the map containing the movie i want.
This is a PAIN if the movies are packed in RAR (and they almost always are).
So instead of being able to just to click 1 box to download that full map of RAR files, i have to press the deselect all, and then sit and click on 100 RAR files to just get that one movie i want from that pack.

This is so unnecessary!
All other torrent programs ive tried, lets you chose either to just select a full map, or the files one by one.
This could even be fixed and made much more easy (but not as simple as just selecting the map) if you highlighted all the files you wanted, and just pressed the box once, and then all of the files would be selected.
EricZ318
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby EricZ318 » Sat Nov 28, 2015 11:30 pm

I would like Download Station to be multi-threaded with Torrents !

On a DS214+, dual core 1.2Ghz, i can get a maximum of 20 MB/s with torrents because NAS is at 50% utilisation (1 core at full).

On a DS1815+, quad core 2.4Ghz, i can get a maximum of 50 MB/s with torrents because NAS is at 25% utilisation (1 core at full).

On a PC with µTorrent and a quad core i7 processor, i can reach 100 MB/s with 30% CPU usage, and i can do better if i found better torrent sources.

This 1815+ NAS is enough powerfull to download at my max internet speed (125 MB/s). This model is designed for speed, so why not enabling it to give it's maximum power ?

Thanks ;)
crazyleo
Beginner
Beginner

Postby crazyleo » Tue Dec 01, 2015 1:20 am

BlueOni wrote:Adding yet another request for decent VPN support.

A simple option to restrict Download Station to using only a single interface (or if you want to be fantastic, a list in which interfaces can be added/removed and ordered as required allowing a great level of control), and making VPN connections show up in that list of interfaces.

+1 to this. With increasing number of VPN users this feature is a must have. Ideally I'd like to have a kill switch built into download station that kills all traffic should the VPN connection goes offline.

For the IOS app I'd like to see an ad blocker for the built in browser. This is so obvious; I'm' surprised it's not requested here enough times already.
Troberg
Novice
Novice

Postby Troberg » Wed Dec 23, 2015 10:38 am

As the entire family use Download Station, and not all of them have the same common sense and technical experience as I do, I would find it extremely useful if Download Station could integrate with the virus scanning solutions, so that before a file is made available to the user, it's scanned and found clean.

Return to “Feature Requests & Product Improvement Suggestions”