Moments

Discuss with the community any ideas you'd love to see in future DiskStations and DSM updates! We do our best to monitor and forward all of them, but we recommend to also use this form as our team will systematically see your suggestion:
https://www.synology.com/form/inquiry/feature
Forum rules
1) This is a user forum for Synology users to share experience/help out each other: if you need direct assistance from the Synology technical support team, please use the following form:

https://account.synology.com/support/support_form.php?lang=enu

2) To avoid putting users' DiskStation at risk, please don't paste links to any patches provided by our Support team as we will systematically remove them. Our Support team will provide the correct patch for your DiskStation model.
RB11
I'm New!
I'm New!

Moments

Postby RB11 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:00 pm

Hi,

I am trying the new photo app 'Moments' and I have a question/suggestion to make, from some reason it is only possible to share photos, I think it can be very useful to be able to share folders/albums so if users add/remove photos from a folder it'll be synced between all other relevant users who have access to this share.
Also - in the mobile app there is no folder view, only albums and photos.

Another suggestion is to let us decide weather we want moments to keep photos (especially syncing from phones/mobile devices) in date folder or not, it can be quite annoying to have all your photos in folders when all you really want is all photos in a single folder.

Thanks.
tsvetnoff
I'm New!
I'm New!

Moments and DLNA

Postby tsvetnoff » Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:05 pm

Why I can't setup folder(s) for Moment!?
Photos from my phone going to home/Drive/Moments/Mobile/MI 6/DCIM/.. :shock: :shock: :shock: !!! Why so deep?
My Multimedia Server (DLNA) gets photos from forder /photos! It's necessary my photos appeared there! I want to view them on TV. It's naturally!

P.S.- I also can't change DLNA photos folder to Moments path.
Incredibly!

I hope it's beta mistake. Waiting for stable version with full functionality.
RB11
I'm New!
I'm New!

Re: Moments

Postby RB11 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:14 pm

Agree - that is also a problem - Need to be able to choose folders and to include more then one folder. Also - I don't want to see my 'moments' folder inside Drive when connecting (either client or web) to it, so moments should be able to save files to photo folder ideally.
RB11
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby RB11 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:12 pm

I have found that albums can be shared but not folders which is annoying as if I would like to share a folder that is constantly updating (my iPhone backup for example) this can't be done.
Also - when sharing the only 2 options are either with public or with an existing user, what about with password? so anyone from Public who knows the password to the share can be access?

I also found that for both Drive and Moments, there is no proper login page (web) but rather the main NAS login - quite poor.

Fortunately I am testing both apps on a virtual NAS (VMM) so I did not "upgraded" my main photos/cloud apps.

I hope Synology listen to all issues and request and that before those apps goes off beta most issues are solved.
BFleuren
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby BFleuren » Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:59 pm

1. Re-labeling of people. Moments is sometimes wrong, and users need to be able to do corrections.
2. Option to choose a "cover photo" for people.
3. Option to de-duplicate photos. Uploading via both ipad and iPhone caused me to have doubles of all pictures (iphone and iPad were synced via iCloud)
chrisredfield_0
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby chrisredfield_0 » Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:27 am

Within Moments, I desperately request the following to allow a future-proof usage:

1) Reading and Writing of People Tags to the image files' metadata
2) Using the 5-star rating of the image files' metadata
3) Allowing folder-based browsing in the mobile apps
itGeeks
Rookie
Rookie

Postby itGeeks » Sun Dec 31, 2017 7:24 pm

To the Devs of moments,
1st I like to say my family and I love the new moments application and cant wait to see it developed even more though I have two complaints so far and would like to see these addressed.

We are unable to share the default albums and that's bad, I wan't to be able to share my people, subjects, Places. Think about a family, Husband and wife want to share all pictures of kids no matter what device was used to take the pictures. I don't want to have to create new albums for this.

I other thing is and I have asked for this before in DS-File is on picture backup, I would like an option to automatically clear the pictures off my device after they have been backed up. PLEASE add this for a hands off operation. I don't want me and my users to have to remember to go in and clear them after the backups are done on both Android & iOS.
luckhermsen
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby luckhermsen » Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:42 am

chrisredfield_0 wrote:Within Moments, I desperately request the following to allow a future-proof usage:

I'm missing the folder based browsing as well. Adding this would greatly improve the app.
walsh006
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby walsh006 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:14 pm

chrisredfield_0 wrote:Within Moments, I desperately request the following to allow a future-proof usage:

I second all the above. Also, allow all metadata to be edited inside of Moments, that way any changes are written to the image not just stored in a database only read by Moments. Another one is allow Moments to access files in the Photo folder, not limit it to the Home folder. Some integration with Photo Station is definitely needed. Awesome app but has a long way to go to be usable. I've been waiting a long time for a replacement to Picasa and this looks like it could be it. I'm very excited for new releases, this app properly done could be a huge selling point for Synology in the future.
Andre21
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby Andre21 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:57 pm

Hello,

I'm using moments on a DS115j (with no face recognition possible), so it will be useful to make possible to insert manually people tag (It will be hard work but I will have photo correctly organized).

In addition it will be good to have:
- Album categorization (Album for travel, album for events, ecc..) or, in alternative, possibility to create album inside album
- Tag categorization

I really like Moments and I hope in future improvements, at the moment it has few functionalities.

Return to “Feature Requests & Product Improvement Suggestions”