Universal Search web interface

Discuss with the community any ideas you'd love to see in future DiskStations and DSM updates! We do our best to monitor and forward all of them, but we recommend to also use this form as our team will systematically see your suggestion:
https://www.synology.com/form/inquiry/feature
Forum rules
1) This is a user forum for Synology users to share experience/help out each other: if you need direct assistance from the Synology technical support team, please use the following form:

https://account.synology.com/support/su ... p?lang=enu

2) To avoid putting users' DiskStation at risk, please don't paste links to any patches provided by our Support team as we will systematically remove them. Our Support team will provide the correct patch for your DiskStation model.
JohnM07
Novice
Novice

Universal Search web interface

Unread post by JohnM07 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 1:35 am

I have a client who needs a solution enabling them to search a large collection of pdf files for both content and metadata.

After researching some elaborate systems and not finding a good match, I decided to test out one of my Synology servers. I was quite happy to find that Synology's Universal Search tool does a very good job of filling this need.

The one shortcoming to this solution is Universal Search requires users to first log into a DSM desktop before they an use Universal Search. It would be a huge benefit if Universal Search could have its own web interface.

Thanks for the consideration.
-John

kolossi
Trainee
Trainee

Re: Universal Search web interface

Unread post by kolossi » Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:40 pm

It's an old suggestion I know, but a big +1 from me.
--
2xDS415+ (2x4TB+2x2TB/1x4TB, WD Red, Raid1/btrfs, Mem:8GB), 2TB c2 backup
Mailplus Server, Chat, Moments, Audio station, Note station, Mediawiki, Hyperbackup,
Dns server, Dhcp, Universal search - and lots of files

Return to “Feature Requests & Product Improvement Suggestions”