Suggestion: Multiple snapshots attached to notifications

Discuss with the community any ideas you'd love to see in future DiskStations and DSM updates! We do our best to monitor and forward all of them, but we recommend to also use this form as our team will systematically see your suggestion:
https://www.synology.com/form/inquiry/feature
Forum rules
1) This is a user forum for Synology users to share experience/help out each other: if you need direct assistance from the Synology technical support team, please use the following form:

https://account.synology.com/support/support_form.php?lang=enu

2) To avoid putting users' DiskStation at risk, please don't paste links to any patches provided by our Support team as we will systematically remove them. Our Support team will provide the correct patch for your DiskStation model.
sparrow
Student
Student

Suggestion: Multiple snapshots attached to notifications

Postby sparrow » Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:16 pm

Just sent this through the Feature Suggestion form on the official site.

Anyone else find this would be really helpful?

Hi guys
On Surveillance Station > Notifications > Email we can attach a single event snapshot alongside a notification email.
This is useful to an extent but a single snapshot quite often misses the event. This means we then have to enter DS Cam etc and try play a video over our phones or cellular network etc (very slow).

It's be more useful if we had the ability to mimic the HIKVISION setup where we can specify the number of snapshots over the number of milliseconds or seconds to be attached to the email.

This would be an incredibly useful addition for us wether it's Email or Push Service notifications etc
vilhelm
I'm New!
I'm New!

Re: Suggestion: Multiple snapshots attached to notifications

Postby vilhelm » Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:05 pm

Thumbs up, I fully agree!

I have three IP cameras managed by Surveillance Station and I am missing that option from the time when I only had one camera, a simple D-Link DCS-2330L, and were not using Surveillance Station. That camera had a firmware supporting that option. As I had it activated using five snapshots attached to the notifications they were much more informative than the single snapshot notifications I get from Surveillance Station nowadays.

Let's hope for having this supported!
sparrow
Student
Student

Postby sparrow » Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:12 am

It was my entry level D Link camera which used to do this too. Since replaced with a Hikvision but the D Link used to do it best. :D
Syncronology
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby Syncronology » Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:11 pm

+1

Return to “Feature Requests & Product Improvement Suggestions”