Surveillance viewing with Amazon's Echo Show

Discuss with the community any ideas you'd love to see in future DiskStations and DSM updates! We do our best to monitor and forward all of them, but we recommend to also use this form as our team will systematically see your suggestion:
https://www.synology.com/form/inquiry/feature
Forum rules
We do our best to monitor and forward your ideas to our team, but due to the large amount, we may not see every single one and recommend to also use this form as our team will systematically see your suggestion:
https://www.synology.com/form/inquiry/feature
Ctrl-Grid
I'm New!
I'm New!

Surveillance viewing with Amazon's Echo Show

Postby Ctrl-Grid » Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:39 pm

Is there work with Synology's surveillance with the Amazon's Echo Show device? I am see this happening with Ring and other security products. "Alexa show me the front door."
coffeeaddict
I'm New!
I'm New!

Echo Show

Postby coffeeaddict » Tue Aug 29, 2017 6:25 pm

I would love to see integration of the Surveillance Station with Amazon Echo Show to be able to view cameras associated with the surveillance station.
rlchapin
I'm New!
I'm New!

Re: Surveillance viewing with Amazon's Echo Show

Postby rlchapin » Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:00 pm

Synology,

I would like to chime in and add my voice in support for this feature request. I think given the popularity of Amazon's Echo, Echo Show integration would greatly enhance the appeal of Surveillance Station for home use. I love Surveillance Station, but I have to admit that pulling out my phone to check my camera when someone rings my doorbell is too slow and cumbersome. I would love to be able to say, "Alexa, show me the front door."

I absolutely refuse to use any camera system that requires me to use a proprietary cloud service to be able to check my cameras, a-la Ring and Kuna.

If you can please add this feature, I know your entire community would be appreciative. Thank you!
Walshy
I'm New!
I'm New!

Re: Surveillance viewing with Amazon's Echo Show

Postby Walshy » Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:01 am

I would also like to see this feature added

Return to “Feature Requests & Product Improvement Suggestions”