DS Office APP request

Discuss with the community any ideas you'd love to see in future DiskStations and DSM updates! We do our best to monitor and forward all of them, but we recommend to also use this form as our team will systematically see your suggestion:
https://www.synology.com/form/inquiry/feature
Forum rules
We do our best to monitor and forward your ideas to our team, but due to the large amount, we may not see every single one and recommend to also use this form as our team will systematically see your suggestion:
https://www.synology.com/form/inquiry/feature
blacksushi
Trainee
Trainee

DS Office APP request

Postby blacksushi » Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:43 am

Hi all i am about to buy a new nas x16 series but i am wondering if will you build a DS Office app to edit and work with synology office package using mobile device such as smartphone and tablet any realese in future?

Regards
Last edited by blacksushi on Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Decipher
Trainee
Trainee

Re: DS Office APP request

Postby Decipher » Fri Jan 20, 2017 1:40 am

I second this,

I just started using Syno Office on my DS916+, only to find that while on the my phone I had no way of accessing the documents I'd created, so I had to revert back to using DS Note. Integration between the two products would also make sense.
blacksushi
Trainee
Trainee

Postby blacksushi » Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:28 am

...and after the app we may need to backup those office files in .doc .xls format to another syno !!!
BigTex
Novice
Novice

Postby BigTex » Sat Jan 28, 2017 3:44 pm

Office wishlist

1) ability to save files directly to user's folder
2) DS app to access files easier with phone or tablet
3) speed up app. seems to run slower than it should on my DS216+
Mav3656
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby Mav3656 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:40 am

Hello everyone!

I have been thinking a lot since office application exists (and even before that!) to "why a so great product with a so genious developer team hasn't already make it real to benefit of features like editing office documents from a 5 or 6 inch screen android smartphone??!"

I don't want to be mean there, but when I am on my personal computer, I really prefer using Microsoft Office application which is much more powerful, and have documents up to date on the NAS thanks to cloud station package.

In fact, Office application makes sense when I am not on a PC or Mac, this means usually I am on my phone, like most other people out there. This way I don't have a powerful Office application to edit documents I would very like to keep up to date. And most of all, I would very like to update this documents without having to download, edit, and then upload the new version on the NAS.

That's why I think that a mobile application would really be nice and enjoyed by the Synology community. To answer nomad needs, with multi users support.

For now I keep using gmail app which suits my needs. But as soon as my symbology product offers me the app, I may switch !
bbilo
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby bbilo » Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:37 pm

I totally agree and would like to see a mobile app for the Synology Office suite. It is very limited without such an app, and therefore most people won't use it.

Please make a mobile app for Synology Office :)

Return to “Feature Requests & Product Improvement Suggestions”