Feature Request: DS calendar with sync for android

Discuss with the community any ideas you'd love to see in future DiskStations and DSM updates! We do our best to monitor and forward all of them, but we recommend to also use this form as our team will systematically see your suggestion:
https://www.synology.com/en-global/form ... y/feedback
Forum rules
We do our best to monitor and forward your ideas to our team, but due to the large amount, we may not see every single one and recommend to also use this form as our team will systematically see your suggestion:
https://www.synology.com/en-global/form ... y/feedback
gbbg1234
I'm New!
I'm New!

Feature Request: DS calendar with sync for android

Postby gbbg1234 » Wed Oct 19, 2016 3:35 am

Really enjoy using the calendar for Synology it would be better if it could synchronize with a android app called DS calendar allowing you to schedule "on the go" :D
BurgumNAS
I'm New!
I'm New!

Re: Feature Request: DS calendar with sync for android

Postby BurgumNAS » Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:36 am

Hello,

This would definitely be a great feature!!.
I have been struggling the last days with setting up the calender. On windows PC together with Thunderbird it is OK. However to setup a stable, secure and maintained environment on android is not possible at the moment.

So i would love to see a DS calender app for android.
ptiq
Novice
Novice

Postby ptiq » Sat Apr 01, 2017 5:16 pm

+1
Synology DS916+
DSM 6.1

Synology RT2600ac
CoolRaoul
Seasoned
Seasoned

Postby CoolRaoul » Sun Apr 02, 2017 1:26 pm

Meanwhile, and as a workaround, you may try using a CalDav client on your Android device connected to your NAS. It will be usable by the majority of existing calendar applications (including Google Agenda)
I'm currently testing this one: aCalDAV, far from perfect, (some bugs, development apparently frozen) but free.
There are others too (non free but with support, search for "caldav" in Play Store)

**EDIT**
That one (not free) seem actively supported and announced as DSM calendar compatible
https://davdroid.bitfire.at/
CR
1hba
Trainee
Trainee

Postby 1hba » Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:34 pm

That's really must have feature. No use of Calendar at all without Mobile support and notifications...
Keep it Simple!
C&V_David
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby C&V_David » Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:34 pm

+1
enrico.sacchi
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby enrico.sacchi » Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:10 pm

Hi, I may need your help. I'm owning a ds213j NAS and I would like to have a calendar server running on it to become free from Google, at least for the calendar.
I followed three different ways, and I reached always the same result... almost good, but with the same issue

1) I installed Calendard app
2) I enabled calendar option under webdav
3) I installed baikal server

I was able to sync all these kind of calendars both with my laptop (using thunderbird + lightling) as caldav client, and on my android phone (using davdroid, or caldav-sync or calendar sync).

The only problem remaining is about the invitation email, if I decide to create an event inviting someone to attendee.
If I do directy from the calendar app through its web interface, it works, and this seems to demonstrate that my nas is correctly configured to send invitation email (from my gmail address, by the way).
If I create an event using thunderbird + lighting, and I invite some guest, it works (and I suppose it is thunderbird that take care of sending the email invitation).
If I create an event using my phone, and I add some guest to be invited by email, the event is creates and synced to the server, but no email invitations are sent. Accordiong to davdroid developer, davdroid only send the request to send invitation email to the server running on the NAS, setting some variable (ORGANIZER and RSVP) which, I verified, are correctly passed to the server. However no email are sent. I suspect that I have some setting or firewall rule in my NAS that prevent to send the email in this case, although the configuration to send for example notification emails or similar correctly works.
The fact that the behavior is exactly the same whatever is the server running on my NAS or whatever is the software used to sync with my phone is a bit sad. Any suggestion?

Thanks,
Enrico
jillesv
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby jillesv » Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:44 am

+1

Return to “Feature Requests & Product Improvement Suggestions”