Synology router feature requests

Discuss with the community any ideas you'd love to see in future DiskStations and DSM updates! We do our best to monitor and forward all of them, but we recommend to also use this form as our team will systematically see your suggestion:
https://www.synology.com/form/inquiry/feature
Forum rules
We do our best to monitor and forward your ideas to our team, but due to the large amount, we may not see every single one and recommend to also use this form as our team will systematically see your suggestion:
https://www.synology.com/form/inquiry/feature
jblack68
I'm New!
I'm New!

Re: Synology router feature requests

Postby jblack68 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:41 pm

I see ICMP is still filtered for IPv6, possible to add an option for it for it not being filtered - IPv6 relies on ICMP - thanks
davetang1
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby davetang1 » Thu May 04, 2017 12:38 am

gratozor wrote:Wifi as Wan interface
VLAN support
More powerful signal

I agree. Wifi as a WAN would be a great add.
colin.crosbie
Trainee
Trainee

Postby colin.crosbie » Fri May 05, 2017 3:50 pm

I was expecting proper dhcp server options, I have no backup strategy or recovery options now since buying this router because i can't tell the dhcp server where is the next server.

This is basic networking stuff that a router should support out of the box.

To be clear i request boot option 66 to be added to the dhcp server options. In fact i see no reason why we don't have the same options that dsm6 currently enjoys.

Thanks
Col
RT2600AC
DS412+ 2GB Ram
ieong001
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby ieong001 » Sun May 07, 2017 8:06 am

Link aggregation is still not exists fot lan connection, but most nas already build in. I hope that can be enhanced asap
Brighter4
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby Brighter4 » Wed May 10, 2017 4:51 pm

I have a new RT2600ac and this suggestion:

In Network Center, Smart WAN, Policy Route (and everywhere else), please enable the use of a MAC Address instead of an IP Address. Using only an IP Address for custom routing is far less flexible and imposes a lot of extra time/labor to use the feature(s).
Brighter4
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby Brighter4 » Wed May 10, 2017 4:57 pm

lordvacano
I'm New!
I'm New!

Multiple VLAN Support in router RT2600ac

Postby lordvacano » Thu May 18, 2017 1:51 am

I would like to be able to create vlan interfaces in Synology router RT2600ac. This would allow segmentation of the local network for security reasons.
Leebobs
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby Leebobs » Sun Jun 04, 2017 6:17 pm

I have created a new user account on the RT2600ac to allow Synology to obtain remote access to the Router for some IPTV bug squishing. However, there is no way in the user account settings to set that account as Admin... As such I had to re-enable to admin account for them to access it.

So can there be a way to set accounts as "Admin" in Control Panel > User?
playball36
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby playball36 » Sun Jun 04, 2017 11:38 pm

Hi,

I just joined the Synology world with a NAS and router purchase. The router was a replacement for an aging Netgear Nighthawk, and I’m glad I made the change. DS Router app alone is so much better (features and interface) than the Genie app. Despite its terrible web browser interface, the Nighthawk had some good features that I would like to see incorporated into future versions of SRM. In fairness, a few items on this list didn’t work well in Netgear. Hopefully, I’m not the only person looking for these items.

+ More flexible and powerful MAC address restrictions (simple selection to restrict any new devices from joining; or better yet a message delivered to your phone whenever a new device is requesting access)

+ Provide usage threshold warnings and notifications (my ISP has a monthly usage cap, so it would be great to see month-to-date or “cap drawdown” charts/tables/reports…perhaps under the pull-down menus in network center -> traffic control -> monitor). In general, the reports are very good already, so just want to build on the foundation.

+ Ability to hide the SSIDs for guest networks, just like the regular one.

+ Ability to use 1Password, in addition to Google Authenticator, for 2-step verification. 1Password already allows one-time, time-based codes. I used it with Amazon, and it is nice to have everything in one app

+ Offer Let’s Encrypt certificate integration with the existing Synology DDNS, just like your diskstation products. It’s a great way to differentiate your products, especially for users that want security but don’t know or don’t want to manage the details of the SSL process.

+ As noted by others, please continue to enhance (e.g., access to web history, traffic info., previously run reports) the DS Router app.
masc2279
I'm New!
I'm New!

Re: RT2600ac device list.

Postby masc2279 » Mon Jun 05, 2017 1:47 am

This would be a great feature ....
Leebobs
I'm New!
I'm New!

Re: Multiple VLAN Support in router RT2600ac

Postby Leebobs » Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:58 pm

lordvacano wrote:I would like to be able to create vlan interfaces in Synology router RT2600ac. This would allow segmentation of the local network for security reasons.

+1
WhitWye
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby WhitWye » Fri Jun 16, 2017 5:03 pm

Remove or allow turning off the "feature" that triggers "Restricted" Youtube access if any Parental Control is invoked at all, even with Youtube specifically whitelisted.

Can this "feature" be turned off somewhere if I SSH in?

Thanks!
nmsaraujo
I'm New!
I'm New!

Re: VLAN tagging on the WAN ports of the RT2600ac router

Postby nmsaraujo » Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:19 pm

Hello all,

any update about how to setup VLAN tagging on WAN port?
guyguy
Novice
Novice

Postby guyguy » Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:43 pm

I would like to request the following features.

1. Web Browser- I would like a fully functional web browser to be added as a feature. If I need to check on a site, I could copy and paste the link within the router itself and site comes up. Please add a web browser.

2. Network Map- It would be nice if the router could see the other computers on the network regardless of the connection. If there was a network map or network neighborhood or some way the router could discover computers on the same network and display the name of the computer. I know the router can broadcast itself on the network and other computers can see it.

3. Notifications- I know this feature does exist but it doesn't include device notifications. I would like to get an instant notification (email, text) when someone tries to join the wireless. I would like to know John's iPod has joined the wireless or Mary's laptop has joined the wireless. Please improve the notification system.

These are a few features I would like to request to be added or the feature needs improvement.
4medien
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby 4medien » Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:35 pm

Hello Synology Developers,

for the Syno Router it would be great to have an DECT option

Thanks Martin

Return to “Feature Requests & Product Improvement Suggestions”