Synology Packages - Wishlist

Discuss with the community any ideas you'd love to see in future DiskStations and DSM updates! We do our best to monitor and forward all of them, but we recommend to also use this form as our team will systematically see your suggestion:
https://www.synology.com/form/inquiry/feature
Forum rules
We do our best to monitor and forward your ideas to our team, but due to the large amount, we may not see every single one and recommend to also use this form as our team will systematically see your suggestion:
https://www.synology.com/form/inquiry/feature
Kremanjel
I'm New!
I'm New!

Re: Synology Packages - Wishlist

Postby Kremanjel » Sun Mar 20, 2016 12:31 pm

homolka wrote:Please provide a package for VDR so we can easily record TV on the DS. I have tried to install but there are a lot of dependencies that a user should not take care of. If you record directly to the video directory you could stream these recordings though UPnP!

+1 :D

Just a headless vdr package for usage as server/backend. That would be great. Thanks.
harmlessdrudge
Novice
Novice

Postby harmlessdrudge » Sun Apr 10, 2016 9:44 pm

I'd like to see Baikal become an officially supported package. It's far better than the default Caldav/Carddav solution. It's open source.

Code: https://github.com/fruux/Baikal/releases

Info: http://sabre.io/baikal
YetAnotherSynoUser
I'm New!
I'm New!

SynoRuleEngine (IFTTT)

Postby YetAnotherSynoUser » Wed Apr 13, 2016 11:14 am

The big drawback with IFTTT (ifttt.com) is that you have to give your credentials out of your hand. I don't want to do this.
It's pretty much why I use DS Cloud instead of Dropbox or anything like that.

I'd love to see a package introducing such home automation features. Part of it is already there. Geofencing has been introduced for DS photo. But geofencing would be very useful for other things as well - e.g. to turn surveillance cameras on/off.

It doesn't have to start as comprehensive as IFTTT obviously, but I'm sure that many people would love to use something like IFTTT - but not for the price of giving their credentials in other hands. This is the exact scenario where Synology should come into play.
dgcruzing
Novice
Novice

Postby dgcruzing » Sun Jun 26, 2016 12:01 pm

Thanks Synology crew for adding Moodle..
Now keep an eye on HTML5 tools that are maturing..

One open source authroing tool I am using at the moment that feels like a good fit for our Synology NAS is..

adapt_authoring

https://github.com/adaptlearning/adapt_authoring/wiki/Install-on-Server
https://www.adaptlearning.org/
Jail4CEOs2
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby Jail4CEOs2 » Sun Jun 26, 2016 12:19 pm

A way to reboot and shut down the DS from the DSM software on the front page of control panel!!!
DS215j, hopefully always updated to the latest FW
HarryPotter
Honorary Moderator
Honorary Moderator

Postby HarryPotter » Sun Jun 26, 2016 12:31 pm

*Please do not Private Message me for support questions; leave it on the forum so all members can learn. Thanks!*

DS718+ / DSM 6.1.3-15152-7 / ST4000VN000-2AH166 / 16 GB RAM
DS713+ / DSM 6.1.3-15152-7 / HD501LJ + HD502IJ (RAID0)
DS415+ / DSM 6.1.3-15152-7

2 Squeezebox 3 + Boom

APC Smart UPS SUA750i
Jail4CEOs2
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby Jail4CEOs2 » Mon Jun 27, 2016 6:35 am

I looked everywhere but there. I checked literally every menu twice and thought maybe it was designed as enforcing physical security. A head is an excellent intuitive icon to communicate power functions, but yes, I'm stupid for missing it.
DS215j, hopefully always updated to the latest FW
BigTex
Novice
Novice

Postby BigTex » Thu Jul 14, 2016 1:41 am

mraky
Versed
Versed

Postby mraky » Sat Jul 16, 2016 12:45 pm

yes, but i am worried, its meaningless to develop competition with office without support of macros/programming :/
Xenic
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby Xenic » Sun Jul 17, 2016 4:08 am

It could be better if synology will provide Obfsproxy Server for VPN Package.
mraky
Versed
Versed

Postby mraky » Sun Jul 17, 2016 5:09 pm

Xenic wrote:It could be better if synology will provide Obfsproxy Server for VPN Package.

yes. it would be wonderfull to have as official ( and well tested ) package for synology router .... ( try to send it as feature request ) :)
psweber
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby psweber » Tue Jul 19, 2016 10:33 pm

I searched the forum and seems no one has requested this... likely because all have good internet but I have a link that keeps dropping making doing package updates something that takes me days and sometimes weeks to accomplish. I would be really sweet if the package updates (including syno-community) would support resume on the updates and even the installs. My internet is 256kbps (that's 32kBps for the rest of you) on an expensive vsat connection. I think this should be easily implemented.
many thanks.
Great product that I have been using for over a decade. I have 4 DS2xx series boxes running 3-4gb drives in 2 countries. Just needs a little improvement.
Paul Weber
amichalis
Beginner
Beginner

Postby amichalis » Sat Jul 30, 2016 8:44 am

carriba wrote:A true "iTunes Home Sharing" server that an Apple TV3 box is able to discover.

Yes it would be great!
--- You must learn how to fall before you learn how to fly

DS414: 4 x WD40EFRX (SHR / RAID 5 + 1 Hot Spare)
DSM: 6.1-15047 Update 1
VDSL Modem / Router: Speedport W 724V Type Ci
Switch: TP Link TL-SG105
HKOCH
Student
Student

Postby HKOCH » Fri Aug 19, 2016 12:46 pm

Would very much see an solution to have a Document Management System to be able to scan letters, invoices etc. to the NAS and be able to store these in different folders (read database). OCR will then reads each paper and store these so that each scanned paper can be searchable.

Please give us this solution - That can be a game changer to make every home and small office paperless !!! Make the difference for all other NAS manufactures :D
dslamguy
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby dslamguy » Wed Sep 07, 2016 4:26 pm

HKOCH wrote:Would very much see an solution to have a Document Management System to be able to scan letters, invoices etc. to the NAS and be able to store these in different folders (read database). OCR will then reads each paper and store these so that each scanned paper can be searchable.

Please give us this solution - That can be a game changer to make every home and small office paperless !!! Make the difference for all other NAS manufactures :D

Buy a copy of Presto Pagemanager. It does everything you are asking for. A competitor to this is PaperPort which also does everything you ask. I have used both, but I like PageManager better. Of course you run the program on your PC and then mount the NAS drive to use as your document management system. I organize my filing system by year and category and then I can pretty much find everything and almost never have to search the documents.

Return to “Feature Requests & Product Improvement Suggestions”