Synology Packages - Wishlist

Discuss with the community any ideas you'd love to see in future DiskStations and DSM updates! We do our best to monitor and forward all of them, but we recommend to also use this form as our team will systematically see your suggestion:
https://www.synology.com/form/inquiry/feature
Forum rules
We do our best to monitor and forward your ideas to our team, but due to the large amount, we may not see every single one and recommend to also use this form as our team will systematically see your suggestion:
https://www.synology.com/form/inquiry/feature
khatkarrohit
I'm New!
I'm New!

Re: Synology Packages - Wishlist

Postby khatkarrohit » Sun Aug 30, 2015 8:14 am

With the addition of Docker there is need of Official App for making reverse proxy possible.

Docker containers exposes functionality on non-standard ports. This causes URLs to contain port numbers. That's trouble.

A git service running in docker container.
https://www.example.com:10443/

With reverse proxy its clean:
https://www.example.com/git/

But there is no way to create a reverse proxy without hacking Apache 2 configuration.

There should be some settings or app that allow to do that with GUI easily like smoothly merged with Docker. :idea:
kocl
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby kocl » Fri Sep 04, 2015 9:39 pm

I need to have mono synology DS413 in order to install Zappiti server. When could be available?
TBFGhost
Rookie
Rookie

Postby TBFGhost » Mon Sep 07, 2015 9:49 pm

DSPhoto upgrades that would make it so much more useful to professional photographers...

As it stand right now you cannot create sub-albums in a shared album. Lets say I take wedding photos and I want to create an album for my client. I want to make one album that client and I can title with their name and then I want to create sub-albums under that main album. Each sub-album would be for things like the engagement, reception, ceremony, details, etc etc. I would also like to have it so the link I send for the main album gives access to only that album and its sub-albums. That way I can create albums for multiple clients and each gets a unique link. I don't want all my clients to be able to view each other albums.

Can this be done or is this asking for too much?
:?:
izani
Student
Student

Postby izani » Wed Sep 09, 2015 11:52 am

Ability for DS Cloud on Android to specify specific folder / file to be omitted from sync to DiskStation. Folder such as 'cache', '.thumbnails' that meaningless if it were to be sync.
-- IR --
Sebastiaan72
I'm New!
I'm New!

Synology Packages - Wishlist - PHP Imagick Extension

Postby Sebastiaan72 » Fri Sep 11, 2015 8:11 pm

Please add the PHP extension Imagick from:

[url]https://pecl.php.net/package/imagick[/url]

Imagick is a native php extension to create and modify images using the ImageMagick API.

I do host my own websites and various applications will need it to install or run.

Thx in advance.
gericb
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby gericb » Tue Oct 20, 2015 4:32 pm

I too would like to place my vote for a BOINC client. Since there is so much CPU power going unused on our boxes, other than if you are doing some transcoding or serious multi-device streaming of video, this would be a perfect use of all those mostly idle cycles. :D
snoopy123123
Trainee
Trainee

Postby snoopy123123 » Wed Dec 02, 2015 4:13 pm

+1 for a password station
bot
Beginner
Beginner

Postby bot » Sat Dec 19, 2015 1:03 am

Microsoft account login would be something. I would like to be able to link my Microsoft account to the DS so when I log in to my Win10 PC I don't have to login again.
Troberg
Novice
Novice

Postby Troberg » Tue Dec 22, 2015 8:18 am

I'd very much like to see a collaborative editor, such as Etherpad or Firepad as a package.

It would be magnificiently handy to be able to collaboratively work on text without the security risks associated with involving a third party server.
mi-ho
Beginner
Beginner

Postby mi-ho » Wed Dec 30, 2015 12:17 am

1. Update phpMyAdmin to latest version.

2. Make /var/services/web/default (or something similar) the default DocumentRoot instead of /var/services/web. Having the DocumentRoot of virtual hosts as sub-directories of the default is a potential security risk: you can access files of the virtual hosts via sub-directories of the default host. Not a good idea!
DS414
dptech21@gmail.com
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby dptech21@gmail.com » Mon Jan 04, 2016 11:51 pm

I would like to request Split-Horizon/Split-Brain DNS capabilities for the DNS-Server module. Another DNS related request, conditional forwarding of request based on domain name, etc.
Kremanjel
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby Kremanjel » Sat Jan 16, 2016 2:02 pm

Christian_IA wrote:
homolka wrote:Please provide a package for VDR so we can easily record TV on the DS. I have tried to install but there are a lot of dependencies that a user should not take care of. If you record directly to the video directory you could stream these recordings though UPnP!

+1 :-)

+1 again :D
Stickarm
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby Stickarm » Sun Jan 24, 2016 5:52 am

soypp123 wrote:MKVToolnix or similar, so multimedia files can be muxed/demuxed (not CPU intensive so easy on NAS CPU) to remove or add streams (subtitles, diferent languaje soundtracks,...) on NAS.
Transcoding is CPU intensive, muxing/demuxing is not.

This is a great idea. In my environment we have a player that doesn't give any control over whether or not subtitles are displayed for MKV files -- if it has subtitles, they're displayed even if we don't want to see subtitles (and the vast majority of the time we do not). I fix this problem by moving the file to a Mac and using Remux (http://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/35968/remux) to remove the subtitle "streams" (I'm trusting you that this is the right word). It would be fantastic, though, if I could make that edit to the file on the NAS itself.
Last edited by Stickarm on Fri Mar 11, 2016 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
timlocke
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby timlocke » Mon Feb 01, 2016 6:01 am

Control the LEDs via the DiskStation UI.
Troberg
Novice
Novice

Postby Troberg » Wed Feb 10, 2016 12:12 pm

OnlyOffice is a very capable turnkey solution for small busineses, containing just about everything a typical small organization might need. Including that as a preconfigured Docker package would immensely increase the value of Synology products for small busineses.

•Document management
•Integration with Google Drive, Box, Dropbox, OneDrive, OwnCloud
•File sharing
•Document embedding
•Access rights management
•Customizable CRM
•Web-to-lead form
•Invoicing system
•Project Management
•Gantt Chart
•Milestones, task dependencies and subtasks
•Time tracking
•Automated reports
•Blogs, forums, polls, wiki
•Calendar
•Email Aggregator
•People module (employee database)
•Instant Messenger
•ONLYOFFICE Document Editor
•ONLYOFFICE Spreadsheet Editor
•ONLYOFFICE Presentation Editor
•ONLYOFFICE Documents application for iOS
•Collaborative editing
•Hieroglyph support
•Support for all the popular formats: DOC, DOCX, TXT, ODT, RTF, ODP, EPUB, ODS, XLS, XLSX, CSV, PPTX, HTML
•connect your own domain name;
•create mailboxes;
•add aliases for each mailbox;
•create mailbox groups.

Return to “Feature Requests & Product Improvement Suggestions”