Moments: Multiple requests

Discuss with the community any ideas you'd love to see in future DiskStations and DSM updates! We do our best to monitor and forward all of them, but we recommend to also use this form as our team will systematically see your suggestion:
https://www.synology.com/form/inquiry/feature
Forum rules
1) This is a user forum for Synology users to share experience/help out each other: if you need direct assistance from the Synology technical support team, please use the following form:

https://account.synology.com/support/su ... p?lang=enu

2) To avoid putting users' DiskStation at risk, please don't paste links to any patches provided by our Support team as we will systematically remove them. Our Support team will provide the correct patch for your DiskStation model.
aureusphoenix
I'm New!
I'm New!

Moments: Multiple requests

Unread post by aureusphoenix » Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:00 pm

• Allow us to set "folder view" as default and make it look nicer. I have a good folder structure. I don't want to use timeline. Especially since I have a lot of old photos, which are scanned and consequently appear in the wrong spot on the timeline.
  • Implement a map-view
  • When recognizing a face, show a rectangle overlay on the photo to figure out who is who
  • Allow manual face recognition per photo
  • Use pre-existing faces from the meta-data instead of doing all the work again
  • Write the recognized faces to the files (maybe with an option to switch that off), so that the diskstations of my friends or parents don't have to do the work again.
  • Use drive to improve face and object recognition. My DS412+ froze for multiple days and was completely unusable from just a few test-pictures.
  • When detecting scenes, allow us to manually tell the DS if something was detected wrong. A friend of mine was found to be a cat :lol:
  • Improve the sharing feature. I want to share folders with my family and/or friends permanently like I did in photo station
  • Allow us to move and rename the moments folder inside drive. In drive, I separate by "business" and "private". Having moments on the same level is odd. I would prefer having it in "private"

Doobydave
I'm New!
I'm New!

Re: Moments: Multiple requests

Unread post by Doobydave » Fri May 11, 2018 1:44 am

Yes please

kidoubou
I'm New!
I'm New!

Unread post by kidoubou » Sat May 12, 2018 9:17 am

+1, totally agree.

azkall
I'm New!
I'm New!

Unread post by azkall » Sun May 20, 2018 7:29 am

backing up photos with the moments app create too much folder. it create one folder per day, in one year there will be 365 folder!! I will like to have it in one a folder per month!

jerem0808
I'm New!
I'm New!

Unread post by jerem0808 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:38 pm

Hi,
Totally agree.
I would say also to be able to select all the photos from one album to be able to share it all at once. Or be able to share an album. Because now we have to share the picture and then create an album in the share folder.
And like you said to be able to have different share folder between different person.

bonpotiron
I'm New!
I'm New!

Unread post by bonpotiron » Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:50 pm

azkall wrote:
Sun May 20, 2018 7:29 am
backing up photos with the moments app create too much folder. it create one folder per day, in one year there will be 365 folder!! I will like to have it in one a folder per month!
You mention backing up photos. Am I safe having my old photos backed up in Moments? In other words, if I lose the photos that I have stored on my main location somewhere on a pc, can I go to Moments and find the same there? Actually I hope so because the contrary would mean that we need two copies of the same photos on the NAS, one copy for visualization in Moments and one for backup.

sincarne
Guru
Guru

Unread post by sincarne » Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:29 pm

bonpotiron wrote:
Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:50 pm
azkall wrote:
Sun May 20, 2018 7:29 am
You mention backing up photos. Am I safe having my old photos backed up in Moments? In other words, if I lose the photos that I have stored on my main location somewhere on a pc, can I go to Moments and find the same there? Actually I hope so because the contrary would mean that we need two copies of the same photos on the NAS, one copy for visualization in Moments and one for backup.
backup to moments folder on NAS and there no issue

bonpotiron
I'm New!
I'm New!

Unread post by bonpotiron » Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:09 pm

No issue really but what about the folder structure that you are discussing?

Return to “Feature Requests & Product Improvement Suggestions”