Download Station Requests

Discuss with the community any ideas you'd love to see in future DiskStations and DSM updates! We do our best to monitor and forward all of them, but we recommend to also use this form as our team will systematically see your suggestion:
https://www.synology.com/form/inquiry/feature
Forum rules
1) This is a user forum for Synology users to share experience/help out each other: if you need direct assistance from the Synology technical support team, please use the following form:

https://account.synology.com/support/support_form.php?lang=enu

2) To avoid putting users' DiskStation at risk, please don't paste links to any patches provided by our Support team as we will systematically remove them. Our Support team will provide the correct patch for your DiskStation model.
DanielEgger
I'm New!
I'm New!

Progress Bar

Postby DanielEgger » Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:52 pm

I think that a progress bar column would be useful for getting a quick overview of your downloads at a single glance.
tronix
Beginner
Beginner

Re: Download Station Requests

Postby tronix » Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:46 am

The value in the "Upload Speed" column could be blank (instead of 0.00 KB/s) when there are no connected peers with upload.

E.g. the same behavior as "Download Speed".

It would help giving a cleaner overview. :)
Synology DiskStation DS3617xs with 12 Seagate Ironwolf NAS 10 TB
Synology DX1215 with 4 Crucial MX300 525 GB
Synology DiskStation DS415play with 4 Western Digital Red NAS 6 TB
amarjit_dhillon
I'm New!
I'm New!

Download Station Multiple nzb/news/usenet Servers

Postby amarjit_dhillon » Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:31 pm

At the moment, you can only configure a single nzb/news/usenet server only in download station.

when people configure nzb/news/usenet servers, they normally have multiple servers to connect to but you can only configure a single server within download station.

Download station is brilliant and i've seen internet posts advising to abandon Download Station but i don't agree with this.

Is there a way to configure download station to handle multiple news groups? (NZB??)
mjsheen
Trainee
Trainee

Postby mjsheen » Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:36 am

Matching subtitles list along with the torrent search would be nice. I still google for them to get subtitles seperately. Video station has the kind of function but does not really work well with Korean language subtitle search.
jhmorri2
Rookie
Rookie

Postby jhmorri2 » Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:37 pm

+1 for VPN connection support with download station
pikot
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby pikot » Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:56 am

Would it be possible to add the abbility to group the torrents by trackers (automaticaly), tags (manualy added), categories (manualy added) ...
Automaticaly grouping by tracker already exists in a client like qBittorent, that lists all the torrents from selected tracker. On the image bellow this can be seen but since no torrents are loaded there si no categories, tags or tracker list inside the groups.

Would really apreciate this feature

Also missing status of torrents Errored, and Seeding. Currently all seeding torrents are visible in the Completed categores, together with torrents that are really completed and are no longer seeding.

Best
Vax69
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby Vax69 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:13 pm

Hi,

Perhaps already requested, but 2 improvements will be very useful :

1 : Add the functionality BlockList directly on Download Station with automatically update
2 : Add a survey of the VPN on the Newtork Interface, and when the VPN shutdown, all transferts on Download Station could be shutdown.

gillyshere
Rookie
Rookie

Postby gillyshere » Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:25 pm

+1 for VPN connection support with download station

DLNA Network interface LAN1 or LAN2 with download station Like on Video Station

Return to “Feature Requests & Product Improvement Suggestions”