Synology router feature requests

Discuss with the community any ideas you'd love to see in future DiskStations and DSM updates! We do our best to monitor and forward all of them, but we recommend to also use this form as our team will systematically see your suggestion:
https://www.synology.com/en-global/form ... y/feedback
Forum rules
We do our best to monitor and forward your ideas to our team, but due to the large amount, we may not see every single one and recommend to also use this form as our team will systematically see your suggestion:
https://www.synology.com/en-global/form ... y/feedback
bomitie
I'm New!
I'm New!

Re: Synology router feature requests

Postby bomitie » Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:43 pm

I am considering purchasing this router but I use an ONT for internet access with VLAN 10 setting, will this router connect automatically to my ONT via WAN port? I keep reading you cant enter vlan tag on wan port, and to me if true is truly weird!!

Please reply and if I am in wrong place point me in right direction.
satyp
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby satyp » Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:15 am

Hi Synology, I would have thought by now gaining some in roads into more and more enterprise space, you would at least have some more seamless apps between products ranges ie. router and Nas , namely if the router is the primary dhcp server why is there no ""dhcp option info"" bit in the PXE part in the nas to specify the main dhcp , better yet why no PXE in the router dhcp app?

Please add " DHCP OPTION!" like you have on windows, great work with Active Directory by the way
bomitie
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby bomitie » Fri Aug 04, 2017 7:58 pm

I spoke with synology UK tech department today and they are aware of this issue. The more requests they get the more likely they are to issue a software update. I was advised to creat a ticket with the request for Vlan on wan port and I did so today online.

So fingers crossed it happen soon but I have seen a nice ASUS as well.
iustinn
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby iustinn » Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:00 pm

Hi Synology,
Well, was hoping for a more active SRM development, you have great potential on the router side but it's been some time an no new features :(
It is the greatest UI on the market for consumers, so don't lose the wave ...

Let's Encrypt support - having a DSM with a cert and SRM with another cert is no-no.
(can't access them both at the same time because same address and same cert = browser logout)
IP logging - when a device connected/ left the network ?
(son was home, left at5 because iPhone dissconnected but told me he left at6 - don't you find that useful like other router makers do?)
Leave CTF on but still use custom speed
(the smallest provider speed here is now 300MB/s for around 5eur so ...)
More advanced packages for net-admins/power-users/geeks :)
Option to add comments on Firewall rules!
(love this stuff on mikrotiks)
DS Router app could use some UI tweaks and ability to modify rules not just to create..

Anyway...hope you don't give up on SRM, competition is around the corner and they are moving fast!
Good luck.

PS: another small thing: change the TAB name so it matches the Router name - when you have 10tabs with 10routers, and all are called "Synology Router" it is hard to find the one you are looking for! (work with DSM team, it is ok there,only the router name is displayed)
Amorak
I'm New!
I'm New!

Router Suggestions - MAC Filtering

Postby Amorak » Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:14 pm

I already made this suggestion here: https://www.synology.com/en-us/form/inquiry/feature because I thought this heading was only for NAS. So, my first suggestion is to create a separate suggestion topic in the Router section.

The second suggestion is to have separate MAC filter functions for the main and guest networks. As it is, if you set an allow policy for and devices in MAC filtering, then all guests are filtered out. At the very least, the MAC filter should not affect the guest network.

Thanks,

DJL
vaszago
I'm New!
I'm New!

Mesh functionality

Postby vaszago » Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:04 pm

AVM, Asus and other manufacturers begin the MESH function to install it their routers.
Will Synology also offer this feature in the near future?
nusslejj
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby nusslejj » Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:38 pm

Would be great if the RT2600AC would allow us to geofence off packets from some other parts of the world - like China, Russia, etc. My IPS is constantly logging connection attempts from China. There is nothing of mine that anyone in China needs access to so they are clearly trying to break in.
mrombout
I'm New!
I'm New!

Re: RT2600ac CPU temperature

Postby mrombout » Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:55 am

I agree!
Lukasz.N
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby Lukasz.N » Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:07 am

nusslejj wrote:Would be great if the RT2600AC would allow us to geofence off packets from some other parts of the world - like China, Russia, etc. My IPS is constantly logging connection attempts from China. There is nothing of mine that anyone in China needs access to so they are clearly trying to break in.

This is possible right now.

whowe82
I'm New!
I'm New!

RT2600AC Inter-VLAN Routing Setup on LAN Ports

Postby whowe82 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:40 am

We would like to request that in a future release of the router software that you include inter-vlan routing and vlan tagging on the LAN ports of the router.
whowe82
I'm New!
I'm New!

Re: RT2600AC Inter-VLAN Routing Setup on LAN Ports

Postby whowe82 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:11 am

whowe82
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby whowe82 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:59 pm

If you could add the option to create actual VLAN interfaces on the LAN bridge that would help us integrate this product with other solutions. The VLAN option that exists does not accomplish this. We should be able to do L2 VLANs as well as create the L3 interface to do the VLAN routing. This router is awesome and I'm looking forward to what the future will bring.
sdagley
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby sdagley » Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:32 am

Two requests triggered by the recent SRM 1.1.5-6542 update on my RT2600ac:

1) Do NOT automatically install an update when the install important updates automatically option is enabled if it will disable an installed package. I found out the hard way that the 1.1.5-6542 update disabled the version of VPN Plus Server that was installed (no I don't have auto update enabled on the VPN Plus Server package because I definitely want to review changes to that package before installing) and I lost remote access to my network.

2) If PPTP is disabled in the VPN Plus Server configuration, do not prompt to enable PPTP pass through in the firewall settings
Moan
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby Moan » Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:14 pm

I'd like to have an option to monitor the current Local Network speed. Currently in the "Network Center -> Status" we can only monitor Internet speeds.
In "Network Center -> Traffic Control -> Monitor" it only shows Internet speeds, not the LAN. It would be nice to have an additional checkbox like "Show Local Network usage", so we could see what clients currently transfer data for example from attached USB drivers.
itGeeks
Beginner
Beginner

Postby itGeeks » Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:28 pm

bomitie wrote:I am considering purchasing this router but I use an ONT for internet access with VLAN 10 setting, will this router connect automatically to my ONT via WAN port? I keep reading you cant enter vlan tag on wan port, and to me if true is truly weird!!

Please reply and if I am in wrong place point me in right direction.

I am just wondering y you need a VLAN 10 setting? I have Verizon FiOs and I am using the Synology RT2600ac router directly plugged into the ONT and my TV & Internet work fine, In fact so fine that I have returned the FiOs router and saved myself 10 bucks a month.

Return to “Feature Requests & Product Improvement Suggestions”