Integrate calendar into Mail Plus, please

Discuss with the community any ideas you'd love to see in future DiskStations and DSM updates! We do our best to monitor and forward all of them, but we recommend to also use this form as our team will systematically see your suggestion:
https://www.synology.com/en-global/form ... y/feedback
Forum rules
We do our best to monitor and forward your ideas to our team, but due to the large amount, we may not see every single one and recommend to also use this form as our team will systematically see your suggestion:
https://www.synology.com/en-global/form ... y/feedback
idealself
I'm New!
I'm New!

Integrate calendar into Mail Plus, please

Postby idealself » Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:26 pm

I am trying - as many people are - to use my NAS as a Google replacement. Your notes, cloud, and webmail software is excellent, as are your mobile apps. The one issue I am having is the lack of a calendar web interface. This is literally the one thing that is holding me up. Please integrate a calendar into Mail Plus, using Google's calendar or Sogo's calendar as a model.

Love your products - just bought my second NAS from you.

Thanks.
BigTex
Novice
Novice

Re: Integrate calendar into Mail Plus, please

Postby BigTex » Thu Jul 21, 2016 9:14 pm

+1
xc3ll
Trainee
Trainee

Postby xc3ll » Thu Jul 28, 2016 8:01 am

+1

...And if we are on it: calendar and contacts please. Either connect Mail Plus to your own CalDAV/CardDAV, use ActiveSync or create your own App (quickconnect compatible!) to sync to android/iphone. Since nobody on the market has a simple, well working, easy to maintain solution for contact/calendar/task-sync, this would be a pretty huge selling point for synology ;)
ismet
Rookie
Rookie

Postby ismet » Sat Aug 13, 2016 4:58 pm

xc3ll wrote:+1
...And if we are on it: calendar and contacts please. Either connect Mail Plus to your own CalDAV/CardDAV, use ActiveSync or create your own App (quickconnect compatible!) to sync to android/iphone. Since nobody on the market has a simple, well working, easy to maintain solution for contact/calendar/task-sync, this would be a pretty huge selling point for synology ;)

I totally agree.
An invitation to Synology to develop better mailplus to integrate with other applications (calendar, contacts and tasks).
I look confident.
confuzyon
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby confuzyon » Sun Oct 16, 2016 2:44 am

xc3ll wrote:+1

+1 - MailPlus has a per user contacts section but it is not accessible via the Synology CardDAV app nor is there a MailPlus way to do cardDAV.

Almost there. Keep up the awesome work Synology!

Edit: calDAV is working in the calendar beta - it required the node.js beta to work correctly. Removed that portion of my comment.
Niuron
Trainee
Trainee

Postby Niuron » Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:12 am

+1

A tight integration of MailPlus+Contacts+Calendars would be awesome.
BJDeriso
Trainee
Trainee

Postby BJDeriso » Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:44 am

I'm happy with the MailPlus server and client, and I can see where the MailPlus address book can be set to sync with Google or a custom CardDav server, but I can't seem to get it to connect with Synology's CardDav. What gives?? Nowhere in the CardDav server documentation do they mention the default URL. I see port customization, but no indication of how to actually connect to the server. This should be sufficient to integrate, but when I put in https://MyDomain.com (port 8443 forwarded) and my credentials, I get "Authorization Required".
Erinik
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby Erinik » Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:06 am

Agree! Need to be done to ease the utilization of Mailplus

Return to “Feature Requests & Product Improvement Suggestions”