Accessing unsync'ed files?

Discussion room for Drive package
Forum rules
1) This is a user forum for Synology users to share experience/help out each other: if you need direct assistance from the Synology technical support team, please use the following form:
https://account.synology.com/support/suppo ... p?lang=enu
2) To avoid putting users' DiskStation at risk, please don't paste links to any patches provided by our Support team as we will systematically remove them. Our Support team will provide the correct patch for your DiskStation model.
celstark
I'm New!
I'm New!

Accessing unsync'ed files?

Postby celstark » Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:49 pm

I'm looking at Google Team Drive and Synology Drive as options for an application here. Given that everything is already on a Synology NAS, the Synology setup has a leg up and improvements over Cloud Station make this even nicer. But, it appears as if, much like the older Google Drive and Cloud Station, you only see the files / folders that are part of the sync. That is, it's purely a "sync these files / folders" app. One nice feature of Team Drive is that you see everything in the Team Drive, regardless of whether it's got a local copy or not. If you've got it locally, you work on that and it gets sync'ed. If you don't have it sync'ed locally, you edit the cloud (NAS in this case) version of it.

Am I right in my understanding here?

Craig
sincarne
Navigator
Navigator

Re: Accessing unsync'ed files?

Postby sincarne » Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:00 pm

Return to “Drive”