New Drive, file sharing link 192.168.0.56 not gofile

Discussion room for Drive package
Forum rules
1) This is a user forum for Synology users to share experience/help out each other: if you need direct assistance from the Synology technical support team, please use the following form:
https://myds.synology.com/support/suppo ... p?lang=enu
2) To avoid putting users' DiskStation at risk, please don't paste links to any patches provided by our Support team as we will systematically remove them. Our Support team will provide the correct patch for your DiskStation model.
tony.w
Apprentice
Apprentice

New Drive, file sharing link 192.168.0.56 not gofile

Postby tony.w » Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:31 am

Have the new Drive installed and tried to create a file sharing link. The resulting link is direct to my NAS on the local network, with an internal address of 192.168.0.56:5001/g/x/929048719 etc. There is no Gofile nor an external link I can send someone. Anyway getting an external link to the file with the new Drive?
Flopper
Navigator
Navigator

Re: New Drive, file sharing link 192.168.0.56 not gofile

Postby Flopper » Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:46 am

Did you create at least 1 Shared Folder on it? You cannot just share an entire disk like that.
Some people spent a lot of time writing the Help files, use it!
Do not expect serious answers if it can be found by searching for it yourself.
choosing
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby choosing » Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:34 am

how about use quickconnect?
Flopper
Navigator
Navigator

Postby Flopper » Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:56 am

choosing wrote:how about use quickconnect?

That is a totally different approach than sharing.
Some people spent a lot of time writing the Help files, use it!
Do not expect serious answers if it can be found by searching for it yourself.
sincarne
Navigator
Navigator

Postby sincarne » Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:21 am

choosing wrote:how about use quickconnect?

you still need shared folder
tony.w
Apprentice
Apprentice

Postby tony.w » Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:50 pm

Drive seems to behave differently from Cloud Station? With cloud station I could create a sharing link from any Windows folder that then created a link via GoFile. The GoFile link was accessible from anywhere on the Internet. Drive creates a local LAN link, not a GoFile based link.

So a question, I do have a shared folder but I have nothing in it for now. Do I have to copy and duplicate every file file I want to share in that shared folder? Having more than one copy of a file is going to be a nightmare to keep current and manage. Drive is syncing my files fine from my Windows My Documents folder to the NAS, just like Cloud Station did.

In my case, I'm sharing one single file, I'm not looking to create new DS accounts or "teams" under Drive. With Cloud Station, I could right click on a file, create a GoFile sharing link and email the link for someone to download the file. Worked great up to last week then I upgraded to Drive and can no longer generate GoFile links to share files.

Return to “Drive”