About photo/video conversion

Discussion room for Moments package
Forum rules
1) This is a user forum for Synology users to share experience/help out each other: if you need direct assistance from the Synology technical support team, please use the following form:

https://account.synology.com/support/support_form.php?lang=enu

2) To avoid putting users' DiskStation at risk, please don't paste links to any patches provided by our Support team as we will systematically remove them. Our Support team will provide the correct patch for your DiskStation model.
fmartingr
I'm New!
I'm New!

About photo/video conversion

Postby fmartingr » Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:31 pm

Hi,

I installed moments/drive today from the stable channel since they are all released and decided to make a test uploading a simple album of 120 pictures into my Drive/Moments folder (since I'am migrating from iCloud Photos and I have to do it manually if I want to maintain the same albums structure).

To my surprise, I couldn't be able to see any of my pictures because they were being converted. Where can I find information about this? Does my original file get overwritten by this? Why do moments convert my files?

Thanks.
undertakerinf
I'm New!
I'm New!

Re: About photo/video conversion

Postby undertakerinf » Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:25 am

I know the original file does not get overwritten (did some testing) but I'm wondering what is it doing besides indexing.

I ask this because I'll be deleting, renaming and updating metadata on some of these photos at a later date.
Will there be any needed cleanup after deletion?
Will Moments pick up the changes in metadata?
I assume renaming will be treated as a deletion/new file.

Thanks!

Return to “Moments”