Initial Loading of Pictures with wrong Metadata

Discussion room for Moments package
Forum rules
1) This is a user forum for Synology users to share experience/help out each other: if you need direct assistance from the Synology technical support team, please use the following form:

2) To avoid putting users' DiskStation at risk, please don't paste links to any patches provided by our Support team as we will systematically remove them. Our Support team will provide the correct patch for your DiskStation model.
I'm New!
I'm New!

Initial Loading of Pictures with wrong Metadata

Postby gpercival » Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:54 am

I am just getting up and going with the Moments application. From what I can tell, it seems to be handling the pictures on a go forward basis. In other words, if the iOS application uploads the pictures to moments, the date taken metadata is correct. However, in my existing photo library that was previously manually maintained, contains some pictures that have the incorrect date for "Date taken" metadata field. I would like to be able to update the incorrect metadata and have the Moments application move the picture to the correct directory. What is the best way to achieve this? I have not been able to find a feature within the application that would allow me to update the pictures metadata. Am I missing something? At this point, I am assuming that I will have to update the metadata outside the moments application (potential using the Drive application). If I update the metadata outside the application how do I get Moments to:

1) recognize the updated metadata?
2) relocate the file to the appropriator file directory based on the "date taken" metadata?

Return to “Moments”