Face recognition issues

Discussion room for Moments package
Forum rules
1) This is a user forum for Synology users to share experience/help out each other: if you need direct assistance from the Synology technical support team, please use the following form:

https://account.synology.com/support/support_form.php?lang=enu

2) To avoid putting users' DiskStation at risk, please don't paste links to any patches provided by our Support team as we will systematically remove them. Our Support team will provide the correct patch for your DiskStation model.
ataxx
I'm New!
I'm New!

Face recognition issues

Postby ataxx » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:03 am

Moments works fine - sort of.
The face recognition of my photos have added pictures of my son to the group of pictures of my daughter (they did look alike when they where infants though)
How do I remove a person from an image ?
Migs
Beginner
Beginner

Re: Face recognition issues

Postby Migs » Sat Jan 06, 2018 3:27 pm

For now I don't think you can! I have the same issue as well but somehow Synology decided it was not necessary to be able to edit this (maybe they are over confident in there face recognition algorithm...)

Something you could try is to go on the picture itself, click on the little "i" icon to display the picture details. There you should see the "people" tags, you can try to remove the wrong tags from there, however I don't think you'll be able to add the correct one instead since Synology does not allow manual tagging so far.

Moments is just a nice idea for now, not a usable solution as far as I am concerned. Maybe after a few updates from Synology it will become a usable solution.
Bolukbas
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby Bolukbas » Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:52 pm

Dear All,
I have an issue like this one:
There are about 3k pictures uploaded to Moments App. I realised that People album includes less than 500 photos. New pictures uploaded from my phone are being recognised by the app but doesnt do the old ones. I need to reset People albume and force it to recognise the people.

Is there a way to do this?

Best regards,

Note:DS216j
wycyberguy
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby wycyberguy » Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:48 pm

I installed over 3 days ago and it's still converting videos and I have no "Faces" folder to look at. How long does this app take to do all the processing? I have about 5,000 photos and a couple 100 short videos.
fbarcella
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby fbarcella » Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:55 pm

Official support told me that, at the moment, there isn't a way to edit people tagged in photos, only hide the wrong ones.

For my personal opinion Moments it's still a beta software even without Beta tag!

Return to “Moments”