MTU setting on Bond 1

In DSM 6.2 Beta, we aim to provide better IT management flexibility and usability in every aspect. The new Advanced LUN, iSCSI Manager, and Storage Manager take management efficiency to a whole new level. Security update with no service downtime in SHA and abnormal DSM login detection bring you a more powerful but secure DSM.
Forum rules
We've moved! Head over to Synology Community (community.synology.com) to meet up with our team and other Synology enthusiasts!
doubleroll
Beginner
Beginner

MTU setting on Bond 1

Unread post by doubleroll » Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:35 pm

Not sure if this is related to the Beta 6.2 or not but when I setup LACP and select manual MTU and set to 9000 it doesn't change the setting for the bonded NICs. Do I need to set the MTU per NIC prior to creating a bond? I thought I had this working with a public firmware release. Thx...
DS1513+ Beta 6.2

doubleroll
Beginner
Beginner

Re: MTU setting on Bond 1

Unread post by doubleroll » Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:21 am

Interesting, I cannot not de-select the manual MTU setting any longer. Keeps getting selected. May very well be beta related. Will log a bug report.
DS1513+ Beta 6.2

doubleroll
Beginner
Beginner

Re: MTU setting on Bond 1

Unread post by doubleroll » Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:14 am

I toggled IPv4 network setting from DHCP to manual back to DHCP and the issue was resolved. I now have MTU on the bond set to 9000 and verified by pinging with the size flag. All good...
DS1513+ Beta 6.2

Return to “DiskStation Manager 6.2 Beta”