As most of you guys upgraded fine, I decided to go and upgrade my DS2415+ running with 11x 4TB drives in 2 volumes (7+4)...
After having initated the reboot, the NAS now shows :
- blinking blue LED (power)
- blinking red LED (Alert)
- all drives belonging to first volume (slots 1 through 7) do not show any led at all
- bay 8, which is empty, has an orange led
- bays 9 through 12 also show orange leds
Unit does not respond to ping, long press on power button does nothing...
To be noted, I applied all past releases without an issue, last upgrade was performed something like 2 or 3 weeks ago.
I hope I'm not running into the C2000 issue with my unit, I thought the CPU problem got "fixed" with software/kernel patch...
EDIT - 2018-02-12
Following my initial post, I did :
- pulled power cord to shut it down (no other mean to do it)
- tried booting with only volume1 disks : FAIL
- tried booting without any an disk : FAIL
- tried booting with a brand new disk : FAIL
- tried Synology Assistant to locate NAS : FAIL, SA does not find the unit at all.
To be noted :
- as soon as I power it up, both power and alert LEDs start blinking
- no beep
- NICs do not show any link
I highly suspect my motherboard to be toasted, I've opened a ticket at Synology support, but with the Chinese New Year starting on the 15th, their support service will be closed until the 20th...
I hope I'll have an answer from them before their support closes.
In the meantime, I've also sent an email to Amazon customer service to check whether they could proceed with a replacement directly...
I really realy reaaalllllyyyy hope that my hard drives are fine...
Fingers crossed !
DS2415+ // DS1511+ (sold) // DS214se // Eaton Elipse ASR 1000
Linux user (Debian)