DS411j No response after update DSM 6.x

Forum rules
1) On 12/25, Synology Forums will be getting a new layout. During this time, content will still be accessible but you will be unable to make new threads and posts.

2) This is a user forum for Synology users to share experience/help out each other: if you need direct assistance from the Synology technical support team, please use the following form:
https://account.synology.com/support/support_form.php?lang=enu

3) To avoid putting users' DiskStation at risk, please don't paste links to any patches provided by our Support team as we will systematically remove them. Our Support team will provide the correct patch for your DiskStation model.
Tuff
I'm New!
I'm New!

DS411j No response after update DSM 6.x

Postby Tuff » Fri May 19, 2017 4:37 pm

Hi,

I updated to a new DSM release and after reboot now i can't login anymore, no shared folders, only ping does work....
Login Page takes ages to connect and then timed out...sometimes, after a powercycle i managed to login but the login takes ages... then i can hardly open something and then it becomes unresponsif..

Green leds HDD are blinking simultanious, disk sounds like they constantly paging..

Any clue?
PhilippeL
I'm New!
I'm New!

Re: DS411j No response after update DSM 6.x

Postby PhilippeL » Sat May 20, 2017 10:43 am

Look at the initial release note of the 6.1 version: https://www.synology.com/en-global/releaseNote/DS411j

"4. Manual re-indexing is required for all files after upgrading to DSM 6.1"

That mean a lot of hours if you have a lot of files ...

And with a DS411j, be patient :D
Skar
Experienced
Experienced

Re: DS411j No response after update DSM 6.x

Postby Skar » Sat May 20, 2017 3:33 pm

Probably running something in the background which is sucking up all the resources.

Leave it on for a couple of days and see if it can get through what it's trying to do.

If you can get on, go into process management and see if something is sucking up all the resources. If there is, then report back what it is. Potentially stop some of the services you have running to get some repsonsiveness back into the system.

Return to “DiskStation Manager 6.1-15047 and onward versions”