Cannot get past the authorization page

The discussion room for the Active Backup package
Forum rules
1) This is a user forum for Synology users to share experience/help out each other: if you need direct assistance from the Synology technical support team, please use the following form:

https://account.synology.com/support/su ... p?lang=enu

2) To avoid putting users' DiskStation at risk, please don't paste links to any patches provided by our Support team as we will systematically remove them. Our Support team will provide the correct patch for your DiskStation model.
cableguy103
I'm New!
I'm New!

Cannot get past the authorization page

Unread post by cableguy103 » Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:06 am

So for some reason I cannot get past the authorization page when I am trying to setup GSuite backup. I keep getting a error "The Operation Timed Out" I can see in the Google API dashboard where the synology is sending a request but that is it. It seems like Google is not sending a response back to the synology. I have opened a case with synology but I am still waiting for them to reply back. I have tried this on 2 different synologys with the same results. I also took the synology to a whole different network to just make sure its not a network thing.

Has anyone seen this error or know where else I can look at to see a log of what is going on. I looked at the debug log that I sent synology but that is a lot of stuff there.

Both of the synology are DS1512+ models with the latest updates applied to them.

deangrell
I'm New!
I'm New!

Re: Cannot get past the authorization page

Unread post by deangrell » Thu Apr 05, 2018 2:29 pm

Having the same issue here. Followed all of the tutorial. Upload the Service Key, and it goes to "You are now connecting to your public cloud" for several minutes before ultimately timing out with the "Operation timed out" message.

Did you find a solution?

sschueller
I'm New!
I'm New!

Unread post by sschueller » Mon May 21, 2018 3:37 pm

I have a similar issue,

I setup everything at google but when I enter my details in the setup I get "Server Error" and nothing else. In the Google API dashboard I see a request for the Admin SDK without any error but it doesn't work.

My G-Apps is very old, before they started charging money for them. It appears the issue is with "G Suite Team Drive" which is not available in the free edition of google apps.

Suggestions on what I can try?

My Logs:

Code: Select all

2018-05-21T17:37:47+03:00 server1 synoscgi_SYNO.ActiveBackupGSuite_1_list_remote_team_drive[9315]: [ERR] batch_utility.cpp(187): [-300] Server response 5xx
2018-05-21T17:37:47+03:00 server1 synoscgi_SYNO.ActiveBackupGSuite_1_list_remote_team_drive[9315]: [ERR] batch_utility.cpp(112): Protocol response error. Error = '-300', Header1 = 'Content-Type: application/http
Content-ID: response-8
', Header2 = 'HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server Error
Content-Type: application/json; charset=UTF-8
Date: Mon, 21 May 2018 14:37:47 GMT
Expires: Mon, 21 May 2018 14:37:47 GMT
Cache-Control: private, max-age=0
Content-Length: 180
', Body = '{
 "error": {
  "errors": [
   {
    "domain": "global",
    "reason": "internalError",
    "message": "Internal Error"
   }
  ],
  "code": 500,
  "message": "Internal Error"
 }
}

'
2018-05-21T17:37:47+03:00 server1 synoscgi_SYNO.ActiveBackupGSuite_1_list_remote_team_drive[9315]: activebackupgsuite.cpp:3144 Failed to list team drive by batch. error='-13'

cableguy103
I'm New!
I'm New!

Unread post by cableguy103 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:46 pm

How big is your Gsuite domain, How many users are in the domain.

I have the same issue and worked with Synology on this for quite some time and found the issue to be there are to many users in the Gsuite domain and the app times out. You cant get past the authorization screen. I tried this on a domain with fewer users in it and it ran just fine. I dont know what the magic number of users is.

The domain that does not work has over 4000 users and the smaller working domain has under 900 users. Synology said they could fix the issue buy installing a beta patch to the program on my synology but would have to have telnet/ssh access to my synology. I declined that as I dont want anyone on my synology. They said the next update should have the fix it so I have been waiting for months and see a new update is out without any fix. :evil:

So we are going to have to just wait or take the risk of having someone install some beta software on there synology. I worked with synology all the way up to there app developers in China.

Return to “Active Backup”