External Invites show sender with @local.host

Discussion room for Calendar package
Forum rules
1) This is a user forum for Synology users to share experience/help out each other: if you need direct assistance from the Synology technical support team, please use the following form:

https://account.synology.com/support/support_form.php?lang=enu

2) To avoid putting users' DiskStation at risk, please don't paste links to any patches provided by our Support team as we will systematically remove them. Our Support team will provide the correct patch for your DiskStation model.
farmdwg
I'm New!
I'm New!

External Invites show sender with @local.host

Postby farmdwg » Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:41 pm

Just installed the Calendar plug-in on my Synology DS214 (DSM 6.1.4) and when I go to invite an external via email, the email that is received shows a sender of username@local.host. I've gone into the user's settings and associated the calendar with a valid email address but no joy. What else am I missing?

Thanks!
kwschnautz
I'm New!
I'm New!

Re: External Invites show sender with @local.host

Postby kwschnautz » Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:29 am

I have this exact issue. Something's not right here.

I should also note, the first few accounts of Mail (not MailPlus) that I set up also were set up as name@localhost as well.
beinaendi
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby beinaendi » Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:17 pm

Same here! Could you find any solution?

When I create a new event, it shows me the correct e-mail. But as soon as I invite an external person via e-mail, it changes the creator from prename.name@domain.com to syno-username@local.host

Haven't been able to find an explanation for this...
ashofphoenix
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby ashofphoenix » Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:25 am

quite similar issue with my thread talking about "domain joining" .. extension is "<domainname>.domain" and neither the FQDN of my join domain nor a "self choiced" domain name.

dunno if it will solve your pb but did you try to use a DynDNS to be able to give the synology another "domain name" ??

Return to “Calendar”