Official Announcement for MailPlus Server 2.0 Release

Discussion room for the MailPlus Server package
Forum rules
Synology Community is the new platform for the enthusiasts' interaction, and it will soon be available to replace the Forum.
andrewt
Synology Inc
Synology Inc

Official Announcement for MailPlus Server 2.0 Release

Unread post by andrewt » Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:53 am

Dear MailPlus users,

First of all, I sincerely apologize to all of you on behalf of the MailPlus team. We did find the issue where sending/receiving emails might fail, and the issue where normal emails will be constantly marked as spam, after you upgrade to MailPlus 2.0.0.
If you have encountered any of the issues, please immediately contact us via: https://account.synology.com/support/support_form.php
We will offer our earliest assistance to help you resolve the problem.
At the same time, we have been preparing the new patch for MailPlus Server, and hope to release it soon.
Thank you all for the great support, and sorry if any inconvenience this may have caused you.

Sincerely,

Andrew Tseng
MailPlus Product Manager
Synology Inc.
mailplus@synology.com

Shadow771
Enlightened
Enlightened

Re: Official Announcement for MailPlus Server 2.0 Release

Unread post by Shadow771 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:16 pm

andrewt wrote:We did find the issue where sending/receiving emails might fail,
You found it, but you didn't solve it... Your support manually upgraded MailPlus server on my NAS to version 2.0.1-0524 after I had all these problems since the 2.0 release. However, the SMTP problems I had here are back!?!?!?!? What is this..????????
Synology DS216+II <--> Synology RT1900AC <--> <site-to-site VPN tunnel> <--> Synology RT1900AC <--> Synology DS118

andrewt
Synology Inc
Synology Inc

Unread post by andrewt » Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:42 pm

Shadow771 wrote: You found it, but you didn't solve it... Your support manually upgraded MailPlus server on my NAS to version 2.0.1-0524 after I had all these problems since the 2.0 release. However, the SMTP problems I had here are back!?!?!?!? What is this..????????
Hi Shadow771,

Thank you for the information. I have checked with the support team. The problem on your MailPlus Server has been resolved, and it can work normally now.
Please kindly check it and feel free to let us know if any questions you may have. Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

Andrew Tseng
MailPlus Product Manager
Synology Inc.
mailplus@synology.com

Shadow771
Enlightened
Enlightened

Unread post by Shadow771 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:30 pm

andrewt wrote: Thank you for the information. I have checked with the support team. The problem on your MailPlus Server has been resolved, and it can work normally now.
Please kindly check it and feel free to let us know if any questions you may have. Thanks a lot!
Hi Andrew,

Checked everything and all seems to be working fine now. Thanks!

Just a question: by downgrading my MailPlus server back to version 1.4 (restore from Backup), did I accidentally add additional damage on software level to the local installed package or database? The support mentioned that the database remained on the upgraded version.
Synology DS216+II <--> Synology RT1900AC <--> <site-to-site VPN tunnel> <--> Synology RT1900AC <--> Synology DS118

paradeiser
Experienced
Experienced

Unread post by paradeiser » Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:38 am

Dear Mailplus Team,

over all I appreciate the package (that's why I pay for it) and it's mostly working fine - when it works.
But - as I already stated long before - to be able to use this mail-system in production environment you need to have an emergency-response-support and reply to technical issues like this instantly. Business can't afford a longer downtime… As a paying customer I actually expect a fast-lane and 24h hotline.
That's the major drawback of MailPlus Server.

Thanks a lot,
sincerely,
paradeiser
DS210j | DS410 | DS211 | DS214 | DS216+II | DS916+ | Back-UPS | macOS/Windows

sxc7885
Sharp
Sharp

Unread post by sxc7885 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 3:40 pm

I completely agree. I submitted an IT ticket 2 days ago and havent heard anything yet which is so unacceptable. How can I expect to continue to use this service in a production environment if we have week long outages. Luckily after the last time they had a big issue with MailPLUS we implemented a backup solution but its not easy to expect hundreds of employees who use this at our business to just walk in on a Monday and start manually setting up a connection to their mail account. Just poor business strategy and beta testing....spend tons of money on licenses that you cant even use because the product is defective half the time

paradeiser wrote:Dear Mailplus Team,

over all I appreciate the package (that's why I pay for it) and it's mostly working fine - when it works.
But - as I already stated long before - to be able to use this mail-system in production environment you need to have an emergency-response-support and reply to technical issues like this instantly. Business can't afford a longer downtime… As a paying customer I actually expect a fast-lane and 24h hotline.
That's the major drawback of MailPlus Server.

Thanks a lot,
sincerely,
paradeiser

Philippoius
I'm New!
I'm New!

Unread post by Philippoius » Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:11 pm

How can I get the installation file for version 2.0? The update at the app store is not rolled out yet...

HarryPotter
Honorary Moderator
Honorary Moderator

Unread post by HarryPotter » Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:34 pm

I guess they retained it due to the problem described in the first post.
*Please do not Private Message me for support questions; leave it on the forum so all members can learn. Thanks!*

DS718+ / DSM 6.2-23511 / ST4000VN000-2AH166 / SA400S37120G SSD cache /16 GB RAM
DS415+ / DSM 6.2-23511

LMS 7.9.1-166, 2 Squeezebox 3 + Boom

APC Smart UPS SUA750i

andrewt
Synology Inc
Synology Inc

Unread post by andrewt » Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:48 am

Shadow771 wrote: Hi Andrew,

Checked everything and all seems to be working fine now. Thanks!

Just a question: by downgrading my MailPlus server back to version 1.4 (restore from Backup), did I accidentally add additional damage on software level to the local installed package or database? The support mentioned that the database remained on the upgraded version.
Hi Shadow771,

Yes, please do not downgrade to previous version of MailPlus Server manually. Instead, please contact our support team directly to solve the issue.
As for your case, our engineer has fixed the database issue caused by the downgrade, so there is no worry now.
Kindly let me know if you have any further questions. Thank you!

Andrew Tseng
MailPlus Product Manager
Synology Inc.
mailplus@synology.com

andrewt
Synology Inc
Synology Inc

Unread post by andrewt » Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:00 am

sxc7885 wrote:I completely agree. I submitted an IT ticket 2 days ago and havent heard anything yet which is so unacceptable. How can I expect to continue to use this service in a production environment if we have week long outages. Luckily after the last time they had a big issue with MailPLUS we implemented a backup solution but its not easy to expect hundreds of employees who use this at our business to just walk in on a Monday and start manually setting up a connection to their mail account. Just poor business strategy and beta testing....spend tons of money on licenses that you cant even use because the product is defective half the time
Hi sxc7885,

Thank you for the information. I have checked with our support team, and they have replied to you today. Please kindly take a look and let me know if there is anything that I can help with. Thank you very much for your patience.

Andrew Tseng
MailPlus Product Manager
Synology Inc.
mailplus@synology.com

Malexa
I'm New!
I'm New!

Unread post by Malexa » Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:06 pm

Hello,

I'm also impacted by the issue. I started to check my current MailPlus server version I found out that the version I'm running (2.0.0-0522) is not align with the most recent version available on Synology web site (1.4.3-0422) -> Synology please review the way you manage you package release !

I opened a case and I hope that the issue will be solve ASAP because my NAS is used for professional purpose ....

I also opened a case last week for which I don't have any answer yet. I agree with that the technical support seems to be overwhelmed and that Synology doesn't want to make so invest to meet our requirements ...

Regards.

Shadow771
Enlightened
Enlightened

Unread post by Shadow771 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:00 pm

Found another broken thing, just noticed only now. Since the Synology support has fixed my MailPlus issue's, my server isn't logging anything anymore in the 'Auditing' tab...

evr
I'm New!
I'm New!

Unread post by evr » Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:22 am

Any thoughts on when we can expect this new version as a regular upgrade?

stromgren
Apprentice
Apprentice

Unread post by stromgren » Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:24 pm

About an hour ago, Synology sent me a security advisory, where they urged me to upgrade MailPlus Server to version 2.0.1-532 due to a serious bug in Memcached.

The latest version in Package Center is still 1.4.3-0422 (I currently use 2.0.1-522 - the byggy version) ??????

stromgren
Apprentice
Apprentice

Unread post by stromgren » Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:33 pm

Return to “MailPlus Server”