Hyberbackup to Network Drive

Discussion room for the Hyper Backup package
Forum rules
We've moved! Head over to Synology Community (community.synology.com) to meet up with our team and other Synology enthusiasts!
artline
I'm New!
I'm New!

Hyberbackup to Network Drive

Unread post by artline » Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:33 pm

Hello,

I have a DS415+ with the latest DSM.

I'm looking for a way of making hyperbackup work with a network drive as destination. Not a USB or eSATA drive, but a remote ethernet drive on the same local network.
It can be an older NAS (CS407 with DSM 3.1) or a LaCie Network drive.

Mounting either of these drives in the source NAS works, but it does not seem possible to choose the mount folder as destination in Hyperbackup.

Existing NAS-to-NAS syncing or backup functions won't work either as the DSM of the CS407 is not compatible with the newer NAS and cannot be upgraded any further.

Alternatively, I couldn't find a way of making WebDAV or rsync work for bakckups between both NAS, the new and older one.

Any suggestions very welcome!

Rusty1281
Sagacious
Sagacious

Re: Hyberbackup to Network Drive

Unread post by Rusty1281 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:26 pm

rsync single file option on your source HB and chose a rsync server as your destination (on your older model activate rsync server). Should work.
Synology DS918+ (4x4TB WD RED - RAID 5 with 2x250GB 960EVO NVMe) | Synology DS412+ (4x3TB WD RED - RAID 5) | RT1900AC

artline
I'm New!
I'm New!

Unread post by artline » Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:48 am

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.
After various tries, seems I can't get rsync to work between those two NAS.

I've tried with both settings available in Hyper Backup:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1o-D9V ... Wch31gm7aT
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1K6HKJ ... bRi29i6fWc

Rsync is activated on the target NAS (running DSM 3.1)
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1s6Ko2 ... obEq2Fj0ZN
There's a shared folder on this NAS with correct user access and network backup priviledges attached.

Could there something to be done on the system of the target NAS, to make its rsync server compatible with the other NAS?

Again, many thanks for your help!

Rusty1281
Sagacious
Sagacious

Unread post by Rusty1281 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:03 pm

You could try and select in the wizard in the 1st drop down box rsync-compatible server instead of Synology rsync server. Considering there is a several generation of DSM gap it could be that that might be a problem. Considering both NAS are in the same network subnet I doubt there is a problem with 873 tcp port communication. But make sure that there is no firewall problem between the 2 NAS boxes.
Synology DS918+ (4x4TB WD RED - RAID 5 with 2x250GB 960EVO NVMe) | Synology DS412+ (4x3TB WD RED - RAID 5) | RT1900AC

Return to “Hyper Backup”