Backup Destination is out of Free Space ... Not!

Discussion room for the Hyper Backup package
Forum rules
1) This is a user forum for Synology users to share experience/help out each other: if you need direct assistance from the Synology technical support team, please use the following form:

2) To avoid putting users' DiskStation at risk, please don't paste links to any patches provided by our Support team as we will systematically remove them. Our Support team will provide the correct patch for your DiskStation model.

Backup Destination is out of Free Space ... Not!

Postby Folbo » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:11 pm

I have just set up an old CS407 running DSM 3.1 (Ext3) as a large capacity backup destination for my video server. It has two volumes on RAID 5, and NetBackup is on. The target volume has 9.98 Tb of free available space.

I am trying to backup my 716+ to this volume ... but I am getting an error when creating a new backup within Hyper backup. After i press 'Apply' there is a pause of a minute or so and then the error 'Backup Destination is out of Free Space'. The backup job that I am creating currently contains 1.5 Tb of files ... so it should fit 6 times over!

I have already backed up to the CS407 last week, using older smaller drives, so I know the hardware is good, and also that DSM 3.1, although old, is a fine destination. I have put some new drives in and rebuilt it again ... but now thud!

Is there some setting that I am not aware of, or limitation in Hyper backup as to the destination size?

Any suggestions as to my next step?

Return to “Hyper Backup”