Backup Destination is out of Free Space ... Not!

Discussion room for the Hyper Backup package
Forum rules
We've moved! Head over to Synology Community (community.synology.com) to meet up with our team and other Synology enthusiasts!
Folbo
Student
Student

Backup Destination is out of Free Space ... Not!

Unread post by Folbo » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:11 pm

Hi.

I have just set up an old CS407 running DSM 3.1 (Ext3) as a large capacity backup destination for my video server. It has two volumes on RAID 5, and NetBackup is on. The target volume has 9.98 Tb of free available space.

I am trying to backup my 716+ to this volume ... but I am getting an error when creating a new backup within Hyper backup. After i press 'Apply' there is a pause of a minute or so and then the error 'Backup Destination is out of Free Space'. The backup job that I am creating currently contains 1.5 Tb of files ... so it should fit 6 times over!

I have already backed up to the CS407 last week, using older smaller drives, so I know the hardware is good, and also that DSM 3.1, although old, is a fine destination. I have put some new drives in and rebuilt it again ... but now thud!

Is there some setting that I am not aware of, or limitation in Hyper backup as to the destination size?

Any suggestions as to my next step?

Thanks.

Folbo
Student
Student

Re: Backup Destination is out of Free Space ... Not!

Unread post by Folbo » Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:43 am

OK ... no replies yet ... I still cannot work out why Ext3 is happy with the volume size, yet hyper backup does not seem happy ... or is it the ancient DSM?

Can anybody direct me to the hyper backup documentation/specs directly?

Thanks.

Folbo
Student
Student

Re: Backup Destination is out of Free Space ... Not!

Unread post by Folbo » Wed Apr 04, 2018 4:42 pm

Sorry about my monologue !!!

Is there an alternative to Hyperbackup that will allow me to use my old DSM3.1 Ext 3 Cubestation?

Thanks.

Return to “Hyper Backup”