Can't Login via HTTPS on Android

Forum rules
Synology Community is the new platform for the enthusiasts' interaction, and it will soon be available to replace the Forum.
IRO
I'm New!
I'm New!
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:48 am

Re: DSM 6.0.2-8451 is out

Unread post by IRO » Thu Aug 25, 2016 7:45 am

mitzone wrote:Can anyone confirm this workaround re-enables HTTPS functionality with the mobile apps?
I've just tried that, and it works in all of my mobile apps.
DS Video, DS File, DS Download. DS Photo works too, but that one already started working yesterday.
Thank you for the information.

IRO
I'm New!
I'm New!
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:48 am

Re: DSM 6.0.2-8451 is out

Unread post by IRO » Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:16 am

I wonder those who reported HTTPS working for them after the upgrade had HTTP/2 switched off already.

xexebanana
Experienced
Experienced
Posts: 125
Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:08 pm
Contact:

Re: DSM 6.0.2-8451 is out

Unread post by xexebanana » Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:53 am

mitzone wrote:Hello,
After we check in our lab, we found the problem is http/2 function cause.

But we still not found the found rootcause. We recommend disable http/2 this workaround before repair it.

Control Panel > Network > DSM settings
This is what support is recommending, but I downgraded already. Can anyone confirm this workaround re-enables HTTPS functionality with the mobile apps?
Thanks.
Can confirm that works.
DS211j & DS215j

dams75
I'm New!
I'm New!
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:09 am

Re: DSM 6.0.2-8451 HTTP/2 Error

Unread post by dams75 » Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:13 am

Thank you

Same here !

Xperia Z3 Compact (Android 6)
Xperia Z3 Compact Tablet (Android 5)

bledd
Novice
Novice
Posts: 53
Joined: Sat Aug 02, 2014 2:28 pm

Re: DSM 6.0.2-8451 is out

Unread post by bledd » Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:51 am

I wish Synology themselves would put the odd post in this forum. Instead of waiting for customers to relay support responses.

Far better to have an official statement regarding issues.

stromgren
Apprentice
Apprentice
Posts: 97
Joined: Sun Jun 08, 2008 1:23 pm
Location: Denmark

Re: DSM 6.0.2-8451 is out

Unread post by stromgren » Thu Aug 25, 2016 10:12 am

bledd wrote:I wish Synology themselves would put the odd post in this forum. Instead of waiting for customers to relay support responses.

Far better to have an official statement regarding issues.
You are so right...

If all known issues were posted one place where we all could find it, it would save a lot of people a lot of time.
I think that support tickets would drop maybe 50% - so why not Synology?
Whether it is in the forum or on their support site doesnt matter.

cgullestrup
I'm New!
I'm New!
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:05 pm

Re: DSM 6.0.2-8451 is out

Unread post by cgullestrup » Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:58 am

xexebanana wrote:
mitzone wrote:Hello,
After we check in our lab, we found the problem is http/2 function cause.

But we still not found the found rootcause. We recommend disable http/2 this workaround before repair it.

Control Panel > Network > DSM settings
This is what support is recommending, but I downgraded already. Can anyone confirm this workaround re-enables HTTPS functionality with the mobile apps?
Thanks.
Can confirm that works.
I concur; disabling "Enable HTTP/2" in Control Panel > Network > DSM Settings makes 'https' work with Android DS apps.

cgullestrup
I'm New!
I'm New!
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:05 pm

Disable HTTP/2 to get Android DS apps to work in latest DSM

Unread post by cgullestrup » Thu Aug 25, 2016 12:01 pm

If you are having problems with the latest DSM and using "https" in Android DS apps (DS Audio, DS Video, DS File, etc.), go to Control Panel > Network > DSM Settings and remove the check mark for "Enable HTTP/2".

Hopefully Synology will fix this either in a future DSM or DS apps update :-)

dariocs
I'm New!
I'm New!
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2015 4:49 pm

Re: Disable HTTP/2 to get Android DS apps to work in latest DSM

Unread post by dariocs » Thu Aug 25, 2016 12:40 pm

cgullestrup wrote:If you are having problems with the latest DSM and using "https" in Android DS apps (DS Audio, DS Video, DS File, etc.), go to Control Panel > Network > DSM Settings and remove the check mark for "Enable HTTP/2".

Hopefully Synology will fix this either in a future DSM or DS apps update :-)
Confirmed, Synology is aware of the bug. Note that people using alternate HTTPS ports to connect to these apps (i.e., normally different to 5001) will not experience this issue.

Further info at: https://forum.synology.com/enu/viewtopi ... t=http%2F2
DS212j
DS216+II

dariocs
I'm New!
I'm New!
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2015 4:49 pm

Re: DSM 6.0.2-8451 is out

Unread post by dariocs » Thu Aug 25, 2016 12:43 pm

IRO wrote:I wonder those who reported HTTPS working for them after the upgrade had HTTP/2 switched off already.
Maybe these people are using alternate ports to connect to these apps. Ports different than the one used by DSM HTTPS (normally 5001) are not affected by this problem. I have successfully tested using 8801.

It's another possible fix if you want to keep HTTP/2 working...

Regards
DS212j
DS216+II

martijn
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 32
Joined: Wed Jun 25, 2008 4:10 pm

Re: DS audio cannot connect to my diskstation

Unread post by martijn » Thu Aug 25, 2016 1:29 pm

Same problem here.
I found the "solution" here https://forum.synology.com/enu/viewtopi ... 7&t=122071
Hopefully Synology fixes this

martijn
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 32
Joined: Wed Jun 25, 2008 4:10 pm

Re: Disable HTTP/2 to get Android DS apps to work in latest DSM

Unread post by martijn » Thu Aug 25, 2016 1:30 pm

I only noticed the problem with DS Audio. But this works!
Pls fix synology!

Gian
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 33
Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:05 pm

Re: Can't Login via HTTPS on Android

Unread post by Gian » Thu Aug 25, 2016 2:00 pm

Happening to me too after last bunch of updates

bl4ke
I'm New!
I'm New!
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2015 4:26 pm

Re: DSM 6.0.2-8451 is out

Unread post by bl4ke » Thu Aug 25, 2016 3:56 pm

dariocs wrote:
IRO wrote:I wonder those who reported HTTPS working for them after the upgrade had HTTP/2 switched off already.
Maybe these people are using alternate ports to connect to these apps. Ports different than the one used by DSM HTTPS (normally 5001) are not affected by this problem. I have successfully tested using 8801.

It's another possible fix if you want to keep HTTP/2 working...

Regards
I use alternate ports for https and I have the same problem with https with DS audio, DS video and DS download. Disabling HTTPS/2 works for me too...

BiLLou_be
I'm New!
I'm New!
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Oct 11, 2015 11:52 am

Re: Can't Login via HTTPS on Android

Unread post by BiLLou_be » Fri Aug 26, 2016 10:33 am

Same problem here!

Post Reply

Return to “DiskStation Manager 6.0-7321 and onward versions”