Unfortunately, I had DSM auto update turned on, so v6 arrived without user interaction. I think that this should NOT be automatic!
I don't know how I can roll back to DSM 5.x. If I move all of my data to another Synology, then how can I either install a clean v5 or even a new clean v6 on my main box?
I had a DS412+ and 4x 3TB disks, so I just set that up from scratch however I didn't get option on DSM version, it just installed v6. It has no data on it yet so seems to be fine.
My DSM1815+ is still in la-la land.
- It can't be shut down (unless you pull the cord or I guess, hold in the power button),
- it shows 0% CPU and LAN usage,
- it seems to serve files(!) and Note Server works,
- the disk lights are flashing and I guess it is still checking parity, but there is no way of knowing
- some apps hang and cannot be killed (EZ Internet Wizard had been "running" for 12 hrs and can't be killed)
Am I correct that I can't just move a DX513 from one NAS (DS1815+) to another (DS412+) and expect to read it, because the OS is not configured for the expansion unit? OTHERWISE it would be much faster to copy my files internally to the expansion unit, than across the LAN to the DS412+.
Can I increase the transfer speed between 2 Syno NAS boxes if I use multiple LAN connections? What do I need to do to make this work, e.g. LAN aggregation (HOW?).