Synology 2600 Router and Verizon Fios

Discussion about the hardware compatibility of the Synology router.
Forum rules
1) This is a user forum for Synology users to share experience/help out each other: if you need direct assistance from the Synology technical support team, please use the following form:

https://account.synology.com/support/su ... p?lang=enu

2) To avoid putting users' DiskStation at risk, please don't paste links to any patches provided by our Support team as we will systematically remove them. Our Support team will provide the correct patch for your DiskStation model.
monfrair
I'm New!
I'm New!

Synology 2600 Router and Verizon Fios

Unread post by monfrair » Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:40 pm

I currently use the Fios Gateway G1100 router at home. I would like to change this out for the Synology 2600 router to access the greater parental controls and improve wifi signal. I have apple devices providing the wifi and have airport expresses in the house to extend the signal. The wifi is bad in some parts of the house.

Has anyone switched out their Verizon router for the 2600? Does it work? Do you lose any verizon services? How did you extend your wifi with the 2600?

how much better is the 2600 from the fios router?

Also, can you like the 2600 in order to increase the wireless signal?

Thank you for any help.

rgarjr
Sharp
Sharp

Re: Synology 2600 Router and Verizon Fios

Unread post by rgarjr » Sun Oct 08, 2017 2:46 am

You can extend the RT2600ac with another Synology router. I’ve read though that if you need to cover a large area you probably need a Mesh Setup like google WiFi, Eero.

mreg376
Versed
Versed

Re: Synology 2600 Router and Verizon Fios

Unread post by mreg376 » Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:29 pm

I don't know if anyone answered this. If you do not have the FiOS router as primary router you will lose some FiOS TV features, such as remote DVR, and caller ID. You can still keep the most important features, like the guide and On Demand, depending on the way you make the connections. Check out the FiOS sections of http://www.dslreports.com. There is a WEALTH of information there.
----
RT2600ac
Knowledge is Good.

Return to “Hardware Compatibility”