Android VPN Plus and Windows VPN Client

Discussion about the hardware compatibility of the Synology router.
Forum rules
We've moved! Head over to Synology Community (community.synology.com) to meet up with our team and other Synology enthusiasts!
Dwarfminer
Trainee
Trainee

Android VPN Plus and Windows VPN Client

Unread post by Dwarfminer » Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:05 pm

I updated my router yesterday to the latest SRM and also checked that the VPN Plus is the most current version.

I can no longer connect from the Android client using the same exact settings which worked perfectly before. The android client responds that the DNS is not pointing to a Synology router. The windows client gives a certificate error, and on following forward it says "Sorry the page you are looking for is not found"

Nothing has changed on the router other than the update. And both connections were working perfectly before.

Any ideas?

UPDATE: The error on the android client is: The address you entered is not a Synology VPN Plus Server" even though it is and have checked multiple times. Also, updated the client on windows, can connect to the WebVPN portal page, and then connecting to WebVPN logs me into the router, but not the network, and SSL VPN client says "Connection Failed" when trying to connect, but does not show anything in the logs. Wish there were deeper logs I could see on the router.

Dwarfminer
Trainee
Trainee

Re: Android VPN Plus and Windows VPN Client

Unread post by Dwarfminer » Sun Oct 08, 2017 2:24 am

Nobody else is experiencing this problem???

Dwarfminer
Trainee
Trainee

Re: Android VPN Plus and Windows VPN Client

Unread post by Dwarfminer » Sun Oct 08, 2017 3:10 am

Dwarfminer wrote:Nobody else is experiencing this problem???
Well just in case anyone else has this problem. I uninstalled the VPN Plus Server, reinstalled it, and everything works fine. Go Figure!

Return to “Hardware Compatibility”