RT2600ac and Ubiquity AC-LITE Access Point

Discussion about the hardware compatibility of the Synology router.
Forum rules
1) This is a user forum for Synology users to share experience/help out each other: if you need direct assistance from the Synology technical support team, please use the following form:

https://account.synology.com/support/su ... p?lang=enu

2) To avoid putting users' DiskStation at risk, please don't paste links to any patches provided by our Support team as we will systematically remove them. Our Support team will provide the correct patch for your DiskStation model.
ReefAviator
Trainee
Trainee

RT2600ac and Ubiquity AC-LITE Access Point

Unread post by ReefAviator » Sun Feb 26, 2017 8:11 pm

Checking if anyone has tried adding a Ubiquity access point to a Synology router. I was particulary interested in any compatibility issues with Smart Connect. I would like to end up with a seamless transfer between radios as users walk between the router and the AP.

Normally I would do that by manually assigning widely-separated frequencies to both devices in both bands. However, I'd rather not do that and loose the Smart Connect functionality (which I kinda like). Curious if anybody has played with this yet.

ReefAviator
Trainee
Trainee

Re: RT2600ac and Ubiquity AC-LITE Access Point

Unread post by ReefAviator » Sun Mar 26, 2017 11:15 pm

FWIW. I started up the Ubiquity access point today and left everything regarding the frequencies to automatic. I checked the "AP Isolaton" box on the SRM. I left the Ubiquity self-asign frequencies. This is a sample of one...but everything sorted itself out. 11 wireless clients adapted seemlessly after one requested re-boot

Oldweathervane
I'm New!
I'm New!

Re: RT2600ac and Ubiquity AC-LITE Access Point

Unread post by Oldweathervane » Sat Jun 16, 2018 6:49 am

I have a new RT2600ac with a weak signal in part of my home. I’ve been considering the AC-Lite, is this still working well for you? Is the transition between the Ubiquiti and the Synology fairly seamless when moving around? Thanks for any advice.

Return to “Hardware Compatibility”