Apple TV and RT1900AC

Discussion about the hardware compatibility of the Synology router.
Forum rules
1) This is a user forum for Synology users to share experience/help out each other: if you need direct assistance from the Synology technical support team, please use the following form:

https://account.synology.com/support/su ... p?lang=enu

2) To avoid putting users' DiskStation at risk, please don't paste links to any patches provided by our Support team as we will systematically remove them. Our Support team will provide the correct patch for your DiskStation model.
joe schmoe
Rookie
Rookie

Apple TV and RT1900AC

Unread post by joe schmoe » Sun Feb 05, 2017 7:40 pm

I have an Apple TV (4th gen or whatever is the latest gen) I had fought with getting my Apple TV to play on my network. I can run an ethernet cable to the Apple TV and it works flawlessly. I have taken my NacBOok Pro to Apple store and had them try to troubleshoot based on my ethernet experience. They say the Apple TV worked perfectly for them.

So, I have been Googling and trying everything I can find online, configuring ports, trying to add packages, and nothing is working. I just noticed after a reboot of the RT1900AC all of a sudden my Apple TV is showing that it will work. I just tested the Apple TV and it does work.

How do I configure the RT1900AC that will allow my Apple TV to work continuously without having to reboot the router every time I want to use the Apple TV?

JPM
I'm New!
I'm New!

Re: Apple TV and RT1900AC

Unread post by JPM » Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:09 pm

Have you checked on firmware updates for the router?

I have a similar setup with multiple ATV4's deployed and the T-Mobile version of this router and no problems.

joe schmoe
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Apple TV and RT1900AC

Unread post by joe schmoe » Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:29 pm

JPM wrote:Have you checked on firmware updates for the router?

I have a similar setup with multiple ATV4's deployed and the T-Mobile version of this router and no problems.
Yes I have updated both the RT1900AC and the Apple TV to the latest version of software/firmware.

The Apple TV is only seen after I reboot the RT1900AC and it will be visible for a short period of time (Haven't figured out how long it stays active)

Return to “Hardware Compatibility”