Printer Compatibility

Discussion about the hardware compatibility of the Synology router.
Forum rules
We've moved! Head over to Synology Community (community.synology.com) to meet up with our team and other Synology enthusiasts!
RascallyJack
I'm New!
I'm New!

Printer Compatibility

Unread post by RascallyJack » Thu Apr 14, 2016 2:40 pm

I have a question; since the router software is in appearance so close to the DSM why is the Print Server such an epic fail on the router? When will the DSM extensive compatibility list be imported into the Router software so customers do not have to run out and buy one of only 7 printers supported. I really hope 1.1 includes a broader range of the DSM compatible printers.

voltshock
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Printer Compatibility

Unread post by voltshock » Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:35 am

Plugged in my Samsung ML-1865W which is pretty old already and it works well... at least with Google Cloud Print. I'm not able to set it up as a network printer in Windows 10. But managed it by using the wifi in the printer now. Not a pretty workaround but does it for now.

What's not working for you?

farr4744
I'm New!
I'm New!

Re: Printer Compatibility

Unread post by farr4744 » Wed Jun 29, 2016 10:39 am

I have a Brother MFC-9320CW. I have had it for a few years and the machine has been an excellent printer, connected to my wireless network. After adding the Synology router, I am unable to even add the printer as a network printer device, in spite of successful connecting to the network. That is, the Brother printer acknolwedges the connection and the device shows up in the DHCP client list. Why it can't find the device is a mystery to me. Any suggestions?

Return to “Hardware Compatibility”