Tp-Link TL-WR902AC cant see Synology 5Ghz

Discussion about the hardware compatibility of the Synology router.
Forum rules
We've moved! Head over to Synology Community (community.synology.com) to meet up with our team and other Synology enthusiasts!
xfaust
Trainee
Trainee

Tp-Link TL-WR902AC cant see Synology 5Ghz

Unread post by xfaust » Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:48 pm

Hey. My Tp-Link TL-WR902AC travel router when in client mode (brings wifi to an ethernet port eg TV) cant survey and see or detect my 5Ghz Synology 2600ac network, but can on the 2.4Ghz. Tried changing the band on the 5Ghz a little but made no difference. Anyone across the same or similar issue who might be able to help? I might need to tinker with channels a bit more.

Worse case scenario, which device would work on the 5Ghz reliability for this purpose?

Cheers!

mike42dk
Proficient
Proficient

Re: Tp-Link TL-WR902AC cant see Synology 5Ghz

Unread post by mike42dk » Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:28 am

Hi

Sounds like you have a wireless problem, how strong is the 5ghz signal where your TP-link is located.

Dos your TP-Link connect via 5ghz if you try in a closer location to the Synology router?

The thing is that the wireless is controlled by protocols, and both devices are supporting the same protocol, so it should not be a protocol problem.

The 5 ghz signal do have some problems when travelling over larger distance than 2,4 ghz signal, so typical the device roams to another frekvence when signal is to weak.

I had a similar problem and ended up with getting AP so the coverage was better.
¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤
DS 415+ DSM 6.2
2 WD red 2 TB RAID 1
2 Seagate nas 4 TB basic
DX 213
1 WD purple 1 TB basic

Return to “Hardware Compatibility”