BT Business Hub 5 / and RT2600AC Compatability

Discussion about the hardware compatibility of the Synology router.
Forum rules
1) This is a user forum for Synology users to share experience/help out each other: if you need direct assistance from the Synology technical support team, please use the following form:

https://account.synology.com/support/support_form.php?lang=enu

2) To avoid putting users' DiskStation at risk, please don't paste links to any patches provided by our Support team as we will systematically remove them. Our Support team will provide the correct patch for your DiskStation model.
mangoboom
I'm New!
I'm New!

BT Business Hub 5 / and RT2600AC Compatability

Postby mangoboom » Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:48 pm

I recently bought a Synology 2600 . I have x2 broadband connections (UK based) - one Fibre from Virgin and One BT Business FTTC.

The idea is the faster connection - Virgin at 300mb is the primary and BT (70mb) provide the failover service.

Virgin connected immediately to the router and is running fine however I can't get the LAN Port 1 failover to connect. I checked with BT and they are saying the connection is PPOE but it won't connect.

The only thing I think possibly causing the issue is that the Business Hub I have set to Bridge mode is not a MODEM only and that the Synology needs that to enable this functionality.

Does anyone else have any experience of establishing a BT Infinity FTTC broadband connection successfully with the Synology 2600 ??? Do I need to ditch the Hub and get a modem or should it work in Bridge mode??

Thanks
Yippym
Student
Student

Re: BT Business Hub 5 / and RT2600AC Compatability

Postby Yippym » Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:21 am

mangoboom wrote:I recently bought a Synology 2600 . I have x2 broadband connections (UK based) - one Fibre from Virgin and One BT Business FTTC.

The idea is the faster connection - Virgin at 300mb is the primary and BT (70mb) provide the failover service.

Virgin connected immediately to the router and is running fine however I can't get the LAN Port 1 failover to connect. I checked with BT and they are saying the connection is PPOE but it won't connect.

The only thing I think possibly causing the issue is that the Business Hub I have set to Bridge mode is not a MODEM only and that the Synology needs that to enable this functionality.

Does anyone else have any experience of establishing a BT Infinity FTTC broadband connection successfully with the Synology 2600 ??? Do I need to ditch the Hub and get a modem or should it work in Bridge mode??

Thanks

Your settings for the failover should be.
Protocol: PPPoE
Username: bthomehub@btbroadband.com
Password: "BT" or (blank)
VLAN: 101

I had the BT Hub 5, but that was connect to a fibre modem. I've changed my setup as
RT2600AC <> Fibre Modem (forgot the model)
RT2600ac
DS218+ 16GB RAM (2* Crucial CT102464BF160B)
RS3412RPxs 32GB RAM (4* Kingston KVR16LE11/8) upgraded CPU to E3-1260L :)
Sold - RS815+ 16GB RAM (2* Crucial CT102464BF160B)
Sold - RS2212RP+ 1GB RAM (Default)
Sold - RS2211RP+ 3GB RAM (1GB Default + 1* Kingston KVR667D2S5K2)
Leebobs
I'm New!
I'm New!

Re: BT Business Hub 5 / and RT2600AC Compatability

Postby Leebobs » Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:52 pm

I got rid of the BT modem and replaced it with a DrayTek Vigor130, I'm using that for my primary connection so I am not entirely sure on the setting you would use on the router as a fallback connection, however, it is the most stable internet connection I have ever had. Far better than the BT kit.

Return to “Hardware Compatibility”