Using 4G modem as redundancy

Discussion about the hardware compatibility of the Synology router.
Forum rules
This is a user forum for Synology users to share experience/help out each other: if you need direct assistance from the Synology technical support team, please use the following form:
https://myds.synology.com/support/suppo ... p?lang=enu
Tommyhawk
I'm New!
I'm New!

Re: Using 4G modem as redundancy

Postby Tommyhawk » Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:49 pm

Hi. I Just bought e-3372. My router says plug In a dongle. But it's all ready plugged in. I tried to restart the ac1900. And let it start up while it's plugged in
Tommy @ Århus

From Denmark aswell here.. I've invested in this 4G modem -> Huawei E-3372 - Works with the RT1900 .. Bought it from Telmore btw.

Since your article was posted long time ago - Maybe you already figured out with a working one.

Dintid wrote:Any modem options for outside of Asia?

I'm living in Denmark, and we have all kinds if Huwaii modems here, but the one I tested didn't register on either my RT1900 or my 1513 nas box.

Using an iPhone would also be nice as a sort of emergency for small office and home.

Someone mentioned Android USB modems would be good... any suggestions for a good one? Asking as I don't know anything about Android and honestly havn't ever seen an Android USB 4g dongle here in Denmark.
[/quote]
ptiq
Novice
Novice

Postby ptiq » Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:02 pm

drkaosdk wrote:Hey,

From Denmark aswell here.. I've invested in this 4G modem -> Huawei E-3372 - Works with the RT1900 .. Bought it from Telmore btw.

Since your article was posted long time ago - Maybe you already figured out with a working one.

Can you confirm the e3372 because there is only the e3272 that appears compatible in the site Synology:

https://www.synology.com/compatibility? ... mode=false

Bye
Synology DS916+
DSM 6.1

Synology RT2600ac
tjoneillmo
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby tjoneillmo » Thu Aug 03, 2017 2:32 am

I too have a new RT2600ac and would like to use a Verizon MIFI 6620L wireless device as primary ISP--I do have a satellite dish but would like to disconnect if the wireless will work. I bought this router for the "bridge" mode as I would like to keep other wired devices on the existing router, and have the 15 wireless device connectivity of the 6620L.

I set it up as a wireless access point and it will not connect or find the wireless 6620L, and I can't access it from a browser. Any ideas to get it working? Reset? Will it work by simply plugging the 6620 into the USB port?
Thanks in advance.
Moan
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby Moan » Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:55 pm

I've got RT2600ac with SRM 1.1.5-6542 and modem Huawei E3276 HiLink (E3276 is actually on the list of unsupported devices).
After I connected the dongle and selected "3G & 4G" in "Network Center" -> "Smart WAN" - internet works just fine. Earlier I changed the address of the HiLink modem to 192.168.222.1 to prevent IP conflicts. I also updated the modem firmware to the newest available version. Under "Control Panel" -> "Device" this modem is recognized as: "E353/E3131 - Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd.".

For now everything works fine. Websites are fully loading (unlikely to the Asus RT68u which I tested earlier). I'm getting the full LTE speed at my location (I mean the same speed as I was getting with the old OpenWRT router) and this is max. 110Mb/s. At the moment it's ~70Mb/s for me, but I expect it to be higher at night hours. Speedtest: http://www.speedtest.net/result/6666983627.png

If nothing bad happens, I think I can fully recommend the Synology routers for 3G/4G modems support. I only hope that 1.1.5-6542 problems (with disappearing 5Ghz network) will be fixes soon ( https://forum.synology.com/enu/viewtopi ... 5&t=135592 ). I really don't want to refund this router.
Vrocket
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby Vrocket » Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:46 pm

What's the best alternative for USA?

Return to “Hardware Compatibility”