Apple TV and RT1900AC

Discussion about the hardware compatibility of the Synology router.
Forum rules
This is a user forum for Synology users to share experience/help out each other: if you need direct assistance from the Synology technical support team, please use the following form:
https://myds.synology.com/support/suppo ... p?lang=enu
joe schmoe
Rookie
Rookie

Apple TV and RT1900AC

Postby joe schmoe » Sun Feb 05, 2017 7:40 pm

I have an Apple TV (4th gen or whatever is the latest gen) I had fought with getting my Apple TV to play on my network. I can run an ethernet cable to the Apple TV and it works flawlessly. I have taken my NacBOok Pro to Apple store and had them try to troubleshoot based on my ethernet experience. They say the Apple TV worked perfectly for them.

So, I have been Googling and trying everything I can find online, configuring ports, trying to add packages, and nothing is working. I just noticed after a reboot of the RT1900AC all of a sudden my Apple TV is showing that it will work. I just tested the Apple TV and it does work.

How do I configure the RT1900AC that will allow my Apple TV to work continuously without having to reboot the router every time I want to use the Apple TV?
JPM
I'm New!
I'm New!

Re: Apple TV and RT1900AC

Postby JPM » Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:09 pm

Have you checked on firmware updates for the router?

I have a similar setup with multiple ATV4's deployed and the T-Mobile version of this router and no problems.
joe schmoe
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Apple TV and RT1900AC

Postby joe schmoe » Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:29 pm

JPM wrote:Have you checked on firmware updates for the router?

I have a similar setup with multiple ATV4's deployed and the T-Mobile version of this router and no problems.

Yes I have updated both the RT1900AC and the Apple TV to the latest version of software/firmware.

The Apple TV is only seen after I reboot the RT1900AC and it will be visible for a short period of time (Haven't figured out how long it stays active)

Return to “Hardware Compatibility”