WAN connection dropped on RT2600AC

Topics pertaining to SRM usage, usability and management
Forum rules
1) This is a user forum for Synology users to share experience/help out each other: if you need direct assistance from the Synology technical support team, please use the following form:

https://account.synology.com/support/su ... p?lang=enu

2) To avoid putting users' DiskStation at risk, please don't paste links to any patches provided by our Support team as we will systematically remove them. Our Support team will provide the correct patch for your DiskStation model.
Briss929
I'm New!
I'm New!

WAN connection dropped on RT2600AC

Unread post by Briss929 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:28 am

Hello, when I got up on Tuesday morning my router was not working anymore. Only the light '' STATUS '' was lit in yellow. I restarted the router and since that time I no longer have access to the internet. I reinstalled my old router and everything works fine. I contacted Synology support but after some email exchanges the router still does not have internet access. I did a factory reset with no luck.
Do I have to wait the next firmware update to resolve the problem?
RT2600ac
DS215+

mreg376
Versed
Versed

Re: WAN connection dropped on RT2600AC

Unread post by mreg376 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:36 pm

Briss929 wrote:Hello, when I got up on Tuesday morning my router was not working anymore. Only the light '' STATUS '' was lit in yellow. I restarted the router and since that time I no longer have access to the internet. I reinstalled my old router and everything works fine. I contacted Synology support but after some email exchanges the router still does not have internet access. I did a factory reset with no luck.
Do I have to wait the next firmware update to resolve the problem?
Assuming you're using the same Ethernet cable to the WAN ports on both routers, sounds like a rare hardware failure. You may be RMA'ing.
----
RT2600ac
Knowledge is Good.

Briss929
I'm New!
I'm New!

Re: WAN connection dropped on RT2600AC

Unread post by Briss929 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:56 am

The problem is fixed! Today my old router has lost access to the internet like my Synology. I recontacted my ISP and after a few minutes of research he found that the IP addresses were blocked. I reconnected my Synology router and everything is normal.
RT2600ac
DS215+

Return to “Installation and Configuration”