2600ac Wireless Hangs

Topics pertaining to SRM usage, usability and management
Forum rules
1) This is a user forum for Synology users to share experience/help out each other: if you need direct assistance from the Synology technical support team, please use the following form:

https://account.synology.com/support/su ... p?lang=enu

2) To avoid putting users' DiskStation at risk, please don't paste links to any patches provided by our Support team as we will systematically remove them. Our Support team will provide the correct patch for your DiskStation model.
barddzen
Novice
Novice

2600ac Wireless Hangs

Unread post by barddzen » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:25 pm

I have the following setup:

FIOS ONT -> Synology 2600ac (2.4/5)
AmplifiHD Mesh -> 2600ac
FIOS Quantum Router ->2600ac

I've noticed since the last update that my 2600ac wireless seems to hang. I can connect to the router (via wireless) but nothing to the internet, even though the Network Center Internet reports "connected".

If I reboot the router, it all comes back fine and works for a few days, then pfft, hangs again.

Any thoughts?

prevaljo
Beginner
Beginner

Re: 2600ac Wireless Hangs

Unread post by prevaljo » Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:22 am

Without knowing what version of the OS you are running not many ideas, but if you're running the latest 1.1.5-6542 Update 4 you have probably got the same issues as I have which is the 5Gig Wi-Fi connections drop randomly, and whilst it seems to be there clients can't connect and the router needs to be restarted to establish connectivity. This router was a great piece of technology until the latest updates.

blurg64
I'm New!
I'm New!

Unread post by blurg64 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:22 am

I too am seeing this Wireless freezing on my RT1900AC on the latest build SRM 1.1.5-6542 Update 4.

It's been going on for a week or so now and unfortunately I was overseas and unable to look into it until today.

I have a Telstra NBN internet gateway > RT1900AC and use the RT1900AC as the main household router. Every 12 hours or so, the modem will stop working not only for wireless but also wired connections and won't pass through to the internet gateway.

It's getting fairly annoying.

Is it possible to reflash the modem back to the update 3? If so, any idea where I can get it?

thanks,

Alex.

prevaljo
Beginner
Beginner

Unread post by prevaljo » Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:06 pm

Synology doesn't allow you to downgrade the software on the RT1900AC, however given the problems with this release I think they should reconsider that policy.

Return to “Installation and Configuration”